House Bill Would Give Airports $497M for Explosives Detection
- S&T Wants Concepts for Kiosks that Validate Credentials, Check for Trace Explosives. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/9/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p2
The article focuses on a Broad Agency Announcement issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology (S&T) that intends to develop, build and evaluate prototype kiosks that integrate credential authentication and explosives trace detection technology for security...
- Detection Devices. Phillips, Zack // Governing;Oct2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, Special section pA11
Focuses on the development of high technology tools to enhance security at airports, ports and border crossings in the U.S. Capabilities of the Explosive Detection Systems deployed by the Transportation Security Agency at the U.S. airports; Efforts of the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS)...
- DHS S&T Issues RFI for Foliage Penetrating Sensors. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;8/18/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p19
The article reports that a Request for Information (RFI) for ground-based systems or components capable of detecting, classifying and reporting personnel and vessel or vehicle movement through foliage and or riverine environments has been issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security...
- The Buying Game. Harris, Shane // Government Executive;Mar2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p70
Focuses on the issues concerning the U.S. Homeland Security Department in the acquisition of scanners, devices and other security technologies to manage security operations. Difference between acquisition and procurement Process involved in the acquisition of security technologies; Need for...
- DHS S&T Issues RFI for COTS Portable Bio-Detection System. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;1/5/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p19
The article focuses the request for information issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate, Chemical and Biological Defense Division on commercial off-the-shelf portable instrumentation capable of performing bio-threat identification from environmental...
- New Tasks for a New Congress. Elber, Gail // Geospatial Solutions;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the effect of the developments in homeland security on the geospatial industry in the U.S. Programs of Dept. of Homeland Security for geospatial data; Finance for component agencies of DHS; Initiation of Federal Emergency Management Administration of an Interagency Geospatial...
- Homeland Security On Track For Air-bound Cargo Screening. // AirGuide Online.com;3/1/2010, p1
The article presents information about the 2011 budget plans of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) related to airport and airplane security for Homeland in Baltimore, Maryland.
- DHS S&T Issues BAAs for Palletized Cargo and Shoe Screener Systems. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/23/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p20
The article reports on the issuance of two Broad Agency Announcements (BAA) by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate seeking research proposals related to scanning technologies to find explosives on palletized air cargo and in shoes.
- DHS eyes bomb detector by identifying thumbprint-size explosives residue. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Aug2015, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p26
The article reports on the solicitation released by officials of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for the Standoff Explosives Detection on Vehicles component of the Standoff Explosives Trace Detection program, enabling the bomb detector technology to detect explosives residue on vehicles.