Merrill: O'Hare's 3d-lien Bonds 'Vulnerable'
- ROBERT preston. // New Statesman;11/12/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4563, p32
Comments on business issues in Great Britain as of November 12, 2001. Identity of the British Airways PLC with the consolidation in the European airline industry; City confidence index constructed by Merrill Lynch Co. & Inc.
- Airports turbulence. James, David // BRW;11/6/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p72
The article reports on the aviation company Macquarie Airports. According to the author, Goldman Sachs JBWere has bought shares from the company. However, the author adds that Merrill Lynch is neutral regarding the issue since Sterling, the second largest airline in Denmark, has filed for...
- Lists. // Asia Weekly;10/6/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 39, p35
The article offers news briefs in Asia in 2008. According to the annual Asia-Pacific Wealth report survey by Merrill Lynch & Co.and Capgemini, China has more super wealthy people than Japan. As part of a Ministry of Education health campaign, all university students have been commanded to run...
- Merrill aids flood victims. // Crain's New York Business;8/2/93, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p25
Reports on the pledge of support given by Merrill Lynch & Co. to Midwestern flood relief. Donation made to the American Red Cross and Salvation Army.
- Merril Lynch Closing Newport Center Office. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;4/8/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p3
Reports the closure of the Newport Center office of Merrill Lynch & Co. in Orange County, California. Relocation of affected employees to other branches; Implementation of cost-cutting measures by the company; Failure to negotiate with building owners for the extension of the lease contract.
- Merrill Lynch program gets high marks. Kistner, Toni // Network World;11/13/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p29
Focuses on the success of Merrill Lynch's telecommuting program in the United States. Reduction of traffic congestion; Enhanced employee morale; Expansion of recruitment opportunities; Dedicated staff of information technology professionals. INSET: Briefs..
- Sells real-estate offices. // Newsweek;10/13/1986, Vol. 108 Issue 16, p57
Last week Merrill Lynch & Co. moved to stave off criticisms of standing still and returning little by selling off its national network of real-estate offices and some related businesses. Proceeds of the proposed sale will go back into securities. Critics say the company still isn't changing fast...
- Merrill May Pay FCs for Attracting Internet Assets. Horowitz, Jed // On Wall Street;Aug99, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p13
Reports that Merrill Lynch may compensate financial consultants (FC) for bringing client assets into the trading channel it plans to launch in December 1999. How it could improve the attitude of FCs; Plans to eliminate penalties against FCs who discount commissions for their clients;...
- Merrill Eyes Donor-Advised Fund for Charitable Giving. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;2/28/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 40, p10
Reports on the plan of banking company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. to start a donor-advised fund in April, 2003 in the U.S. Goal of the company behind the fund plan; Expectations for assets to be collected by the company through funds; Performance of donor-advised funds during the year 2001; Other...