Oregonians Prepare to Pick Candidates, Weigh $400M in Debt
- Notes from Ulyanovsk: The Last and Dirtiest Elections. Borisov, Sergei // Transitions Online;12/6/2004, pN.PAG
Reports on the 2004 gubernatorial elections in the Ulyanovsk region of Russia. Preference of the people of the Ulyanovsk region on the appointment of local governors based on public opinion polls; Information on the gubernatorial candidates in Ulyanovsk; Overview of the 2003 elections in the...
- Get Set for the Takeout in Trenton. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;11/1/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p14
Focuses on the gubernatorial elections in New Jersey. Role of the governor of New Jersey; Possible candidates for governor; Preparations for the next elections.
- GOP Hats in the Ring. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, p37
Reports on the plan of Judge Jan Florez to officially file as a candidate for governor in Arizona.
- New Colima Governor. T. B. // Business Mexico;May2005, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p9
The article informs that Silverlo Cavazos of the Institutional Revolutionary Party was declared the winner of the April 10 gubernatorial elections in Colima. The special election was called after Governor Gustavo Vï¿½zquez Montes was killed in a February 24 plane crash that claimed six other...
- Explaining third-party success in gubernatorial elections: The cases of Alaska, Connecticut, Maine and Minnesota. Gold, Howard J. // Social Science Journal;2005, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p523
Abstract: In the 1990s alone, four states elected third-party governors. Walter Hickel of Alaska and Lowell Weicker of Connecticut were elected in 1990. Maine elected Angus King in 1994. And Jesse Ventura was elected governor of Minnesota in 1998. In this article, I examine these four cases in...
- soapbox derby. // Bangor Metro;Oct2010, p70
In this article, the authors speak about their views concerning who they vote for in the coming 2010 gubernatorial election in Maine. One author stresses the importance of one's vote that it should be keep secret and should not be swayed by different notable individuals. Another author is hoping...
- FINISHING STRONG. // Business Mexico;2005 Special Edition, Vol. 14/15 Issue 12/1, p6
The article reports on the political performance of the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) of Mexico in four state elections on November 14. The former ruling party, aiming to win back the presidency in 2006 overwhelmingly won two gubernatorial elections on November 14 and split battles...
- Maryland Gubernatorial Candidate Names Running Mate. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/4/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32374, p32
The article reports on Maryland gubernatorial candidate, Montgomery County Executive Douglas Duncan's naming of former Baltimore prosecutor Stuart O. Simms as his running mate for the Democratic nomination. Simms was head of the state's juvenile justice system and its prisons under Governor...
- 'Ten Commandments Judge' Moore Kicks Off Run For Ala. Governor. // Church & State;Nov2005, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p19
Announces the candidacy of judge Roy Moore for the gubernatorial seat in Albama in 2006. Career history of Moore; View that religion is the basis of all law; Political platform of Roy Moore.