MTA May Avoid Fare Hike
- MTA angers New Yorkers over fare hikes, less service. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;8/19/95, Vol. 86 Issue 33, p1
Reports on public backlash to a fare hike by the Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) of New York. View that the fare hike is unfair to urban residents; View that publicity budget of MTA could be better spent on maintenance and service upgrading; View that fare hike is biased in favor of...
- MTA public hearings a farce and a failure? Paye, Amity // New York Amsterdam News;9/23/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 39, p3
The article reports on the outcome of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's (MTA) public hearing at the Brooklyn Museum in New York City on September 21, 2010 concerning its proposed fare increase.
- Straphangers charge subway robbery. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;7/17/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 29, p37
The New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) had increased the fare for bus and subway riders in early May 2003, saying it could not effectively operate on the $1.50 fare. But two fiscal experts, city Comptroller William Thompson and state Comptroller Alan Hevesi, joined with the...
- New York MTA: No Magic Tech Bullet for Every Problem. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;1/31/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33854, p5
The article informs that the officials of Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) of New York have agreed that MTA should focus on the age and peculiarities of its system and its compact budget while considering technical enhancements in subway rider safety or in fare payments.
- Coalition threatens to sue state, MTA over subway, bus fare hikes. Egyir, William K. // New York Amsterdam News;10/21/95, Vol. 86 Issue 42, p40
Reports on the opposition against the New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority's (MTA) proposal to raise subway and bus fares. Urban League's plan to file a lawsuit against MTA; Remarks from Dennis Walcott, the league's president and chief executive officer.
- New York MTA Spells Out Its Latest Fare-lncrease Options. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;10/16/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33797, p4
The article informs that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) of New York is increasing the transportation fare and bridge toll from March 2013.
- MTA fare hike and token booth closings called 'an atrocity' Allen, Zita // New York Amsterdam News;10/21/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 43, p11
The article reports on public reactions about Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA)'s proposed bus and subway fare increases and 164 token booth closings. The proposed fare hike includes a$ 6 increase in the$ 70-monthly unlimited and a$ 3 increase in the$ 21-weekly unlimited card and will...
- WHICH MTA FARE HIKE PROPOSAL WOULD YOU SUPPORT? // Crain's New York Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p13
The article presents information on a public opinion poll regarding the fare hike proposal of the Metropolitan Transport Authority of New York City. A slim majority of the 334 respondents favor the plan for an increase of 25 cents in the basic subway fare that would maintain current discounts....
- MTA proposes fare increases... again. BARKER, CYRIL JOSH // New York Amsterdam News;10/18/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 42, p3
The article reports on a subway and bus fare hike proposed by the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) with specific reference to the MTA's planning for its public scrutiny before finalizing the fare and toll rates.