Texas Lawmakers Work to Pass $3.7B of Tuition Revenue Bonds
- Rising Costs Threaten ASU's Downtown Phoenix Projects. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32449, p40
The article reports that almost $90 million of city bond proceeds earmarked for Arizona State University's new academic facilities in down Phoenix may not be sufficient to build the anticipated structures. The factors that affect the building of the anticipated structures are cited. The Phoenix...
- University Funding. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p27
Reports on the compromise budget for fiscal 2006 in Kansas. Plans of the House and Senate members to authorize issuance of bonds to expand research operations at three state universities; Inquiry into budget maneuvering at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Back on the Table in Texas: State Income Tax Proposals. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32366, p36
The article reports on the hold of a special session of the Texas Legislature that focuses on school finance in the state. The legislature will also study the issues from new state income tax to tobacco bonds. The said session was in response to the order of the Texas Supreme Court in minimizing...
- CSU Tests the Waters. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p1
Reports that Trustees of the California State University plan to issue several million dollars of insured system-wide revenue bonds as of January 8, 2003. Reasons for issuing bonds; Details of the deal; Ratings of these bonds awarded by ratings company Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- N.Y. Dorm To Refund $885 Million. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p1
Reports the selling of the bonds of New York State Dormitory Authority to refund debt to finance State University of New York educational facility. Schedule for the marketing of the bonds; Amount expected in present-value savings from the deal; Arrangements for the rate of the bonds.
- OHIO: Ohio State Deals. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31273, p37
Reports on the plans of the Ohio State University, Ohio to sell variable-rate bonds worth millions of dollars. Book-runner and underwriter of the sale; Co-managers of the sale; Outstanding debt of the university; Ratings assigned by various rating agencies to the bonds.
- RIDERS ON APPROPRIATION ACTS. McNeely, John H. // Education Digest;Oct1936, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p55
The article focuses on the practice that is common among state legislatures, which is the attaching of riders or provisos to appropriation acts providing funds for the maintenance of state universities and colleges in the United States. The two general types of riders are those restricting or...
- State college makes push for students. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;5/27/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p1
Reports the student admission at Nevada State College in Henderson, Nevada. Number of student applicants to the university; State budget for an enrollment of 500 students; Provision of a vote of confidence from the university system Board of Regents.
- California Gov. to Slash $200 Million from Colleges. Coleman, Jennifer // Community College Week;12/23/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p8
Deals with the plan of Governor Gray Davis to impose spending cuts on state colleges and universities in California. Value of the budget cut proposal; Impact of the budget cut on community colleges; Significance of audit for community colleges.