CIFA Panelists Laud Solomon as Bush's Pick for Treasury Tax Post
- Solomon Confirmed For Treasury Post. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;12/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32527, p2
The article reports on the Senate's confirmation of Eric Solomon as assistant secretary for tax policy of the Treasury Department on December 9, 2006 in the U.S. The nomination of Solomon for the position has been delayed since July 2006 by Senator Max Baucus, who urged that the department...
- Former Tax Lobbyist Joins Treasury To Oversee Tax-Exempt Regulations. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;7/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31423, p5
Reports the appointment of Greg Jenner to the position of acting deputy assistant secretary of the Treasury Department in the U.S. Management of tax-exempt bonds related regulations; Expertise in corporate taxation; Career history of Jenner.
- Top Tax Policy Official Says Reform Is A Priority, But Evaluation Continues. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p5
The article reports on the priority given by the United States Treasury Department to federal tax reform. The agency however will not be moving on any proposals in the near future according to Eric Solomon, the department's top tax policy official. One of the proposals would eliminate the...
- A Read (Finally) on Treasury's Policy Plan. Heller, Michele // American Banker;8/22/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 162, p1
Reports on the expectations from the United States Department of the Treasury to produce policy on financial privacy, predatory lending and supervision of the government-sponsored enterprises. Restructuring of the federal financial services regulatory agencies; Consumer privacy protection plans.
- Treasury 5-Year Notes Go At 1.813% High Yield. Siegel, Gary F. // Bond Buyer;5/26/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33524, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Treasury has auctioned 35 billion dollars of five year notes.
- Treasury Set to Bump Up Against Debt Ceiling Monday. Moore, Dennis // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/13/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 18, p9
The article focuses on the move of the U.S. Department of the Treasury to strike the statutory federal debt ceiling when its three-year and 10-year notes settle.
- Treasury Four-Weeks Go At 0.065% High Yield. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33699, p6
The article offers information on the announcement of high rate of yield and price as announced by the Treasury Department, the U.S.
- Treasury Move to Free $35B. // American Banker;7/2/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 126, p18
Focuses on how the United States Treasury Department pays for banking services with a "compensating balances" program. Idea that the method is costly and cumbersome; Indication that changes to the payment method can free up $35 billion in federal money; Benefit to the bond markets from the...
- Weekly T-Bills Go At 0.1 60%, 0.220% Highs. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/2/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33326, p8
The article reports that tender rates for the U.S. Department of Treasury increased in June 1, 2010 .