Senate Commerce Committee Leaders Introduce Transportation Security Bill
- Building Political Bridges. Natter, Ari // Traffic World;2/16/2009, Vol. 273 Issue 7, p11
The article offers information on the stimulus package bill passed by the U.S. Senate which gives much importance on the funding of infrastructure. It states that the legislation received no support from the Republicans when it was approved on January 2009. It is believed that thousands of jobs...
- Maybe next year. Gallagher, John // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/27/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 43, p34
Focuses on the views of Debbie Hersman, Democratic staff member on the Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine subcommittee of the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee, on the status of the Railroad Competition Act of 2003. Background on the bill; Reason for the lack of political will on issues...
- Senate leaders offer six-year transportation infrastructure bill. Vise, Avery // Fleet Owner Blog;5/13/2014, p1
The article reports that the leadership of the Environment and Public Works Committee of the U.S. Senate and its transportation and infrastructure subcommittee have released the text of legislation Senate Bill 2322. Topics discussed include the bill reauthorizing the current Moving Ahead for...
- Sanders Proposes $1 Trillion Infrastructure Bill. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/28/2015, Issue 34249, p1
Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., proposes a $1 trillion transportation bill that would put $75 billion a year into the Highway Trust Fund.
- $318 Billion Now Ceiling. Keane, Angela Greiling // Traffic World;4/5/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 14, p14
Reports on the approval of the transportation bill by the U.S. Senate. Increase of federal funding for highway and transit; Consideration of the transportation needs of the country; Improvement and maintenance of the infrastructure.
- TEA-21 Extended Two More Months. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/10/2004, Vol. 252 Issue 19, p12
After overcoming a problem in the U.S. Senate, the Congress averted an April 30 shutdown of federal transportation programs. Final congressional action came one day before the deadline when the Senate approved a bill to keep highway and transit aid flowing for two more months. That action gives...
- TEA-21: House-Senate Conference About to Start. Ichniowski, Tom; Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/14/2004, Vol. 252 Issue 24, p9
Talks on a successor to the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century were about to begin at ENR press time. The first formal meeting of U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate negotiators tentatively was set for June 9, 2004. The U.S. Senate named its 52 conferees on June 3, 2004....
- Senate Bill Would Cut $172B Over Six Years, CBO Report Says. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31812, p6
Reports on the pending Senate bill allocating funds for highway and transit projects in the U.S. Estimation of revenue loss resulting from two innovative finance programs; Cost of implementing the legislation; Expansion of the state infrastructure bank.
- Senate Banking Committee Drafting Transit Security Bill. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/19/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32550, p4
The article reports on the U.S. Senate Banking Committee's drafting of legislation that would provide funding to transit agencies in the country. It discusses the government's efforts to increase security for public transportation. According to Senator Christopher J. Dodd, the bill would likely...