Orange County, Fla., Readies $91 M Refunding
- D.C. Convention Center Agency Sells $493 Million of Refunding Debt. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/29/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32556, p4
The article reports developments on the senior-lien dedicated tax revenue and refunding bonds sold by the Washington Convention Center Authority. The transaction took out outstanding debt issued in 1998 to finance the convention center's construction in downtown District of Columbia. Orrick,...
- Jefferson County, Ala.â€™s Market Return Faces Legal Hurdles. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/2/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F338, p1
As Jefferson County, Ala., defends its bankruptcy plan, the county must also clear new legal hurdles in order to return to the bond market later this year.
- Attractive Rates in 2001 Had Southwest Refunding Like Mad. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p50
Focuses on refunding deals in the bond market of southwestern U.S. states, as of February 19, 2002. Percentage increase in combined refunding and new-money issues; Factors that led to increase in amount of refunding according to data from an investment firm; Authorities that brought large...
- Maryland's St. Mary's County Readies $40.5M Package. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31696, p4
Reports on the plan of Saint Mary's County, Maryland to sell a $40.5 million debt package consisting of new-money bonds for various public projects and refunding bonds on August 19, 2003. Types of bonds included in the package; Fundings to be assisted through refunding bonds; Expectations of...
- Supply worries, data gap bring prices down. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;11/05/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30267, p2
Reports that the supply concerns heading into the Washington government's quarterly refunding has pulled Treasury prices lower. Factors that contributed to the market's decline; Data on the status of long bond and notes.
- Safe harbor from yield burning urged. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30345, p4
Reports on the agreement among municipal industry bond counsel and issuer groups in the United States on an approach that federal regulators should adopt to determine which advance refunding would not be subject to enforcement action for yield-burning abuses. Group's failure to consult with US...
- More Current Bond Covenants Can Make Restructurings Much Easier. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30743, p38
Reports on the importance of restructuring bond indentures that restrict public power utilities' use of funds in preparing for a competitive bond market in the United States. New York Power Authority's refunding of outstanding debt; Change of the debt ratio coverage covenant.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;01/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30803, p22
Presents a list of bonds that have been called and redeemed their issuers in the United States, as of January 7, 2000. Includes bonds issued by the District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency; Pinellas County, Florida Housing Finance Authority; Southwest Florida Housing Development Corp.;...
- Chicago agency's parks offering puts accent on minority participation. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30531, p32
Reports on a $19 million revenue refunding bond issue by the Public Building Commission of Chicago in Illinois on December 3, 1998. Target investors; Plans of reaching 30 percent minority participation in the deal.