Illinois Hospital Gets Insurance, Readies Sale
- ALL THE RIGHT MOVES. Solovy, Alden // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Mar2001, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p30
Describes the `Re-recruiting Our Best Employees,' a program of the Delnor-Community Hospital in Geneva, Illinois, to prevent its staff from resigning. Efforts of the hospital's management to re-recruit its best workers; Awards given to hospital staff of Delnor; Bonuses given to hospital staff;...
- Florida's Shands to Issue $175M for Cancer Center. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/7/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32581, p3
The article reports on the plan of Shands Teaching Hospitals and Clinics Inc. to market the first new-money financing for a $364 million cancer hospital in Florida. The proceeds of the bonds will be used to construct a nine-floor, 192-bed cancer facility. Including $15 million already spent on...
- Century-Old California Hospital Readies $228 Million Renovation Deal. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32123, p8
Reports on the plan of the Huntington Memorial Hospital to issue a multimillion refinancing bonds in Pasadena, California. Goal of the refinancing to upgrade the medical facility; Underwriter of the deal; Bond rating assigned to the transaction by Standard & Poor's Corp.
- Hospital Investors: High Yields Outshine Sector Shortcomings. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;04/13/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30618, p9
Reports on the demand for hospital bonds in the United States, in the wake of widening spreads in the sector. Portfolio managers' views on the value of the market; Concerns on the outcome of hospital issues; Investors' strategies in buying hospital bonds.
- Hoboken Hospital Switching $12M to Taxable. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;6/13/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32899, p4
The article reports on the plan of the Hoboken Municipal Hospital Authority to refinance about $12 million of tax-exempt debt to taxable bonds. It relates that the refinancing transaction is expected to raise funds that will be used to cover the operating expenses at the Hoboken University...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p35
Presents news items on the bond market in the midwestern United States, for January 24, 2001. Illinois Sports Facilities Authority's launch of a request for proposal process to select a financial adviser for a bond deal to finance the renovation of Soldier Field Stadium; University of Chicago...
- Chicago Children's Hospital Reborn: Goes to Market With $380M Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/28/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32866, p1
The article reports on a deal of $380 million of fixed-rate new money bonds of Children's Memorial Hospital as it enters the bond market in Chicago, Illinois. The bonds will help finance construction of a 288-bed facility. The deal will include a mix of serial and term maturities and is divided...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/28/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31086, p37
Presents news items concerning municipal bond trading in Midwestern States as of February 28, 2001. Fitch Investors Service Inc.'s upgrading of Illinois' sales-tax bonds to AA plus from AA; Possible downgrade of Proctor Community Hospital's Baa3 rating.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;07/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30931, p27
Presents updates relevant to bond markets in the Southeastern States for July 13, 2000. Decision of Tallahassee Treasurer-clerk Bob Inzer to give up his position; Investment losses sustained by bondholders of the Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital in Tarpon Springs, Florida.