Golden State Opportunity For Schools
- California Budget Passed, Signed. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;10/1/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p19
This article discusses the 2009 fiscal budget for California and how it impacts the public schools. More than $2 billion dollars has been allocated to the school districts. The money will fund student transportation, remedial assistance, and child-care and preschool providers who serve lower...
- California to Revamp School Spending Options. Scarpa, Steven // District Administration;Dec2004, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p13
Reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzernegger has approved a legislation that will change the way schools spend their money. Aim of using the law to shift school funding control from state officials to local educators; Consolidation of categorical programs of schools that translate to...
- States of Denial. // America;2/1/2010, Vol. 202 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that California has drawn national attention for a proposal to raise fees at state's renowned universities and for Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's push to divert money from prisons to schools.
- FY2009 Budget in Place in California. // Educational Marketer;9/29/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p3
The article reports that Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and California state legislators have agreed on the state's 104 billion dollars education budget for fiscal year 2009 with no new taxes.
- More School Cuts on the Horizon for California? // Language Magazine;Aug2009, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p10
The article discusses the Proposition 98, an approved initiative that would amend the California Constitution which defend the state's outlay on education. It mentions that Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger suggested the suspension of the Proposition 98 that addresses California's 26.3 billion...
- Promise Breaker. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;12/15/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p43
Comments on the failure of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to fulfill campaign promise on spending for education in California.
- Calif. Students Call on Gov. For College-Transfer Funds. Harris, Joey // Community College Week;1/5/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the letter sent by student trustees representing California's community-college and university students to California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger about college transfer funds. Number of California community-college students who would be barred from transferring to public four-year...
- Bustamante misses the point. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/26/2004, Issue 323222, p28
Focuses on the budget problems in the California State University (CSU) system. Proposal to reduce CSU and University of California budgets; Budget proposal of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger; Assessment of the financial structure of the educational system of California.
- Coming soon to a state near you? McElroy, Edward J. // American Teacher;Apr2005, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p2
Reports on California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's proposals that would affect funding for public education, employee pensions and teacher tenure and compensation. Proposal to implement an automatic spending cap on state budgets; Elimination of public employees' death and disability...