- Using the Tax Return as a Financial Planning Tool. Siebert, Laurie A. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Fall2015, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p32
The article discusses the use of tax return as a financial planning tool and need to understand the risk tolerence and financial goals. It mentioned the impact of improper classification on income taxation and loss offsets. Topics discussed includes review of schedule A deductions, review of...
- Client Report. // National Public Accountant;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p60
Focuses on the importance of keeping records when preparing a tax return to avoid potential challenges in case of an audit. Basics in record keeping; Limitation period in keeping records; Other documents that must be retained for tax return; Common records that are needed in connection with...
- Shape Up Your Taxes. Vigneri, Sara // Men's Fitness;Apr2010, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p46
The article offers suggestions on saving tax returns.
- Northern Ireland tax notes. Donaghy, Eamonn // Accountancy Ireland;Oct99, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p47
Presents news items on taxation in Northern Ireland, as of October 1999. Loss purchasing; Mobile telephones; Tax accounting for sports stars; Tax returns.
- Operational and policy issues. Young, Annabel; McHaffie, Marilyn // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar2004, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p50
Discusses tax policy issues for flood-affected provisional taxpayer in New Zealand. Need to consider re-estimation of tax before the payment date; Options available to individuals unable to make their payments in full by the due date; Major proposals arising from the government discussion...
- Tax help afforded by amending a tax return. Alexander, Dean // Ellis County Press;6/14/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p3
The author reflects on the filing of an amended tax return, which he thinks could help in some instances by causing additional taxes but can also create tax debt in other situations.
- Easing the Sting. Wiener, Leonard // U.S. News & World Report;1/20/2003, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p44
With U.S. President George W. Bush proposing the elimination of taxes on dividend income, the tax code might provide a future silver lining for investors. That can lessen the tax on gains or ease the cut on wages and other income. But portfolio house cleaning should be a yearlong endeavor, says...
- Inter-temporal Differences in the Income Elasticity of Demand for Lottery Tickets. Garrett, Thomas A.; Coughlin, Cletus C. // National Tax Journal;Mar2009, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p77
We estimate annual income elasticities of demand for lottery tickets using county-level panel data for three states and find that the income elasticity of demand (and, thus, the tax burden) for lottery tickets has changed over time. This is due to changes in a state's lottery game portfolio and...
- Substitute forms. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Apr94, Vol. 113 Issue 1208, p115
Reports on the availability of advance copies of the major 1994 tax return forms in Great Britain for professional bodies and software houses wishing to produce substitute forms. Requirement for approval of substitute return forms; Contact information.