Mesa, Ariz., to Vote on Instituting Property Tax, Raising Sales Levy
- Standards, Procedures, and Laws under the First Nations Fiscal and Statistical Management Act (FSMA): FIRST NATIONS TAX COMMISSION (FNTC): SAMPLE FIRST NATION LAWS DEVELOPED BY THE FNTC: British Columbia: FIRST NATION PROPERTY TAXATION LAW, 20. // First Nations Gazette;2009, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p812
A chapter from the book "First Nations Gazette," Vol. 2, by Zandra L. Wilson and Kathleen Makela, is presented. It provides a sample First Nation property tax law in British Columbia developed by the First Nations Tax Commission (FNTC). Among the cited responsibilities of a tax administrator are...
- As business property taxes rise, who really pays the bill? Mann, Brian // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p36
The article focuses on the revision of the property tax bills in Indiana. The new bills may be good news for homeowners but the property tax revision will be paid for by consumers in the long run. This is because as business owners struggle to stay afloat while facing increased competition, they...
- PERSONAL TRADING LOSSES. Dencher, Stanley // Accountancy;Apr95, Vol. 115 Issue 1220, p84
Outlines the calculations that must be made to maximize the relief from personal trading losses under the Income and Corporation Taxes Act of 1988 in Great Britain. Computation of loss for relief against general income; Computation to determine tax relief on a year to year basis from 1994 to...
- Lebanon lands deals despite restrictive rules. Lieber, Tammy // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p31
Reports the tax abatement policy in Lebanon, Ohio. Refusal of city officials to grant tax abatements for developers without tenants; Control of officials on the types of companies and jobs moving in the place; Perception on the policy by industrial developers.
- Group relief claims. Foreman, Tony; Lozda, Angela // Accountancy;May93, Vol. 111 Issue 1197, p108
Reports on the signing of group relief tax claims in Great Britain as set out in the Extra Statutory Concession of July 31, 1992.
- The IRS Tries to Squirm Out of the Law. Doherty, Brian // Reason;Oct2014, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p14
The article presents the author's views on tax collection in the U.S. He comments that by quibbling about how to interpret various tax laws, it is the tax collectors who are today making headlines while tax protestors fare no better nowadays. He opines on advantages the Internal Revenue Service...
- Property Tax Initiatives in the United States. Stacy Sirmans, G.; Stace Sirmans, C. // Journal of Housing Research;2012, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
This study reviews the history of property tax initiatives in the United States. Major initiatives include California's Proposition 13, Florida's "Save Our Homes" amendment, and Massachusetts' Proposition 2ï¿½. Enacting some type of limitation is most appealing when taxpayers feel overtaxed...
- Tax Collections See 9% Rise. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/15/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33583, p9
The article reports on the increased net tax collections by 9.1 percent in Georgia.
- Property. Brown, John; Elliott, Graham // Accountancy;May95, Vol. 115 Issue 1221, p132
Discusses the changes introduced by four Orders in the field of value-added tax (VAT) and property in Great Britain. Includes the Property and Land Order 199--SI 1995/279; Construction of Buildings Order 1995--SI 1995/280; VAT (Protected Buildings) Order 1995--SI 1995/283; VAT (Land) Order...