Trustees OK New Deal
- College Bonds OK'd. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/4/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32353, p33
The article reports on the issuance of a 43 million dollars of bonds for housing, parking, and other facilities for the growing campus of University of Central Arkansas.
- Library Profiles: The Road to a Redesigned Web Site. Linoski, Alexis; Mulford, Charlotte // Arkansas Libraries;Summer2005, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p15
Presents information on the steps used by librarians at the Torreyson Library of the University of Central Arkansas to redesign the library's Web site. Identification of the content that will be included in the redesigned Web site; Goals in designing the layout; Development of the Web site.
- University of Central Arkansas Investigates Sexual Harassment Charges at Literary Magazine. // Women in Academia Report;8/14/2012, p11
The article reports on the investigation of sexual harassment situations at the non-profit magazine "The Oxford American" located on the campus of the University of Central Arkansas in Conway.
- Tardigrades of the University of Central Arkansas Campus, Conway, AR. Land, Marshalluna; Musto, Adam; Miller, William R.; Starkey, David E.; Miller, Jeffrey D. // Southeastern Naturalist;2012, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p469
Tardigrades were recovered from samples of moss and lichen growing on the bark of seven species of trees on the University of Central Arkansas (UCA) campus in Conway, AR. Of the 11 genera of tardigrades previously reported from the state, five were found in the UCA campus samples; of the 25...
- Mid-South Horn Workshop. Shires, Brent; Casey, Tyler // Horn Call: Journal of the International Horn Society;Oct2012, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p29
The article discusses the Mid-South Horn Workshop hosted by the University of Central Arkansas in Conway, Arkansas and hornist Brent Shires that featured artists including Frank Lloyd, Jacquelyn Adams and Daniel Grabios.
- MAGNETS WON'T ATTRACT ATHLETES. Stoppani, Jim // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Mar2004, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p201
Highlights a study by researchers from the University of Central Arkansas in Conway, which found that magnetic insoles offered an enhancement of vertical jump height, dash time and aerobic fitness or bench squat of athletes. Evaluation of the effectiveness of magnetic therapy.
- LEARNING ABOUT COLLEGES. // Wilson County News;12/3/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 49, p6E
Photographs of several of Legacy Middle School students who learned about their display for the University of Central Arkansas and Ohio State University during the Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) College Fair at their school on November 21, 2014 are presented.
- Library Profiles: Diary of a Rare Book Room. // Arkansas Libraries;Oct2003, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p31
Presents an article about the Rare Book Room of the Torreyson Library at the University of Central Arkansas. Guidelines for materials chosen to be in the Rare Book Room; Policies of Rare Book Room; Description of some materials in the room.
- The Optimal Allocation of Faculty in a College Of Business. McGarrity, Joe // International Journal of Business & Social Science;Jun2012, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p50
Aims: This paper seeks to find the optimal allocation of tenure track faculty across the disciplines in a College of Business. Method: This paper uses a Cobb Douglas Utility Function to derive the general solution to the allocation problem. The University of Central Arkansas is used as a case...