Texas State to Bring Dorm Debt Into Its Portfolio With $139M Sale
- Study shows third rating shrinks spreads. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/13/98, Vol. 64 Issue 15, p8
Focuses on a study which reports that corporate debt rating can affect bond spreads. How it can achieve cheaper funding costs; Comments from Bob Grossman, the managing director at that rating agency; Details on the study.
- Nigeria plans to sell 55 billion naira (US$ 340 million) in bonds with maturities of five and 20 years. // African Business News;7/10/2013, p28
The article presents information on the plans of Nigeria to sell 55 billion naira in bonds with maturities of five and 20 years, during its seventh monthly debt auction to be held on July 17, 2013.
- Asian Corporate Bond Volume Reaches Record. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/2/2012, p10
The article reports that as per data from Deologic, Asian firms, excluding those in Japan, issued a total of 312.4-billion dollars in bonds in 2011 comprising 1, 872 deals in investment-grade, high-yield and non-rated corporate debts and representing a 31% increase in bond issuances for 2010.
- The misunderstood asset. // Finweek;10/28/2010, p62
The article presents an overview on bonds, which is a certificate of debt issued by a company, public corporation or government to raise money that promises to pay the principal and interest in a fixed time.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p2
Presents several news briefs related to bonds in the United States as of November 25, 2002. Increase in retail sales via electronic commerce in Washington; Risks associated with globalization of banks in New York; Decrease in Reedy Creek ratings in New York.
- Get Ready for E-Bonds. // National Journal;12/04/99, Vol. 31 Issue 49, p3477
Looks at the trading of bonds electronically in the United States. Prices of bonds; Effects of interest rates on the prices of bonds; Lack of competition between the companies handling the selling; Reforms pertaining to trading.
- CLARIFICATION. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/12/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 42, pN.PAG
Presents a correction for the article 'E-Bonds: At the Crossroads,' regarding the on-line bond trading in November 5, 2001 issue of the journal 'Investment Dealers' Digest.'
- Market players speculate about the future of electronic bidding systems. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;12/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30793, p6
Presents bond market participants' views about electronic bidding systems for bonds in the United States. Includes the evaluation of an auction by MuniAuction from Reid Smith of Vanguard Group; Leadership of Thomson Financial Municipals Group's online bidding system; Controversy over...
- Has Pittsburgh's Internet-bid bond sale kicked off a trend? Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;01/07/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30305, p32
Reports on the impact of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's first competitive bond issue over the Internet on the long-term future of the market. Controversy surrounding the city's bond deal; Effects to overall use of the Internet; Views on Internet bidding.