George K. Baum Adds Banker in Philadelphia
- Samuel A. Ramirez, George K. Baum Bulk Up With New Hires. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31629, p6
The article reports that Samuel A. Ramirez & Co. Inc. and George K. Baum & Co., two of the Southwest region's top investment banks, recruited people to their teams. George K. Baum has hired Beth Siville as a first vice president for its national housing finance group in the Denver home office....
- Ex-George K. Baum Banker Is Back for More. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32071, p6
Reports that Marc Paskulin has rejoined George K. Baum & Co. as the company's senior vice-president in Dallas, Texas. Career background; Job responsibilities; Statement of vice chairman Robert K. Dalton regarding the work expertise of Paskulin.
- New Mexico Housing Official Joins George K. Baum. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32226, p6
Reports on the hiring of James W. Stretz as senior vice president of George K. Baum & Co. in Dallas, Texas. Role in handling the company's national housing finance group; Expertise with regard to the state agency finance sector and housing finance operation; Awards received.
- Murky water. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;2/4/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the investigation of the investment bank George K. Baum & Co. by the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Remarks from Charles Anderson, manager of tax-exempt field operations in the IRS; Amount of bond proceeds in the pooled loan programs that have been borrowed; Hospital...
- George K. Baum Adds Senior VP in Minneapolis. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;2/2/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32311, p7
The article reports that Judith Harvey has joined in the public finance research department of George K. Baum & Co. in Kansas City, Missouri. She will become the senior vice president of the company and will be responsible for tracking the credit development of the firm's underwriting activities.
- George K. Baum's Russell Brown to Retire for Trust Role. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31536, p31
Reports on retirement plans of public finance executive of Kansas City, Kansas-based investment banking firm George K. Baum & Co. Russel Brown. Reason given by Brown to accept chairmanship of Harry J. Llyod Charitable trust after retiring from George K. Baum; Comments from chairman of George K....
- Denver school district rejects adviser because of possible adverse publicity. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30382, p1
Reports on the rejection of the free services offered by investment adviser George K. Baum & Co. by the Denver school district in Colorado to prevent adverse publicity. District's plans of issuing a $300 million to $500 million worth of general obligation bonds; District's efforts in preventing...
- Baum & associates helps Chicago bring two deals this week. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;08/06/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30203, p27
Features two municipal bond deals drawn up by George K. Baum & Co. for the city of Chicago, Illinois. Revenue financing; Housing issue; Distribution of bond proceeds; Refunding of variable-rate bonds; Payment of vendor contract; Cost to the city of contract-financing.
- Baum turns to specialty products, builds regional focus. Kuiper, Mark T // Bond Buyer;03/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30349, p32
Reports on the municipal finance specialty products offered by Kansas City, Missouri-based George K. Baum & Co. Special offerings in housing, primary and secondary education, health care and innovative taxable transactions which support local municipal activities; Offer of nonrated debt...