LaSalle Bank Discloses Connections to Slavery of Dutch Parent's Predecessors
- PrivateBancorp Pins Loss on Hirings. Barba, Robert // American Banker;1/29/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 19, p5
The author reports on losses which were experienced by PrivateBancorp Inc. during the fourth quarter of 2007. According to the article, PrivateBancorp believes that their losses are associated with the company hiring more than 50 executives who used to work for LaSalle Bank. The amount of money...
- Sputtering Sirva bets on relocation biz. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;12/20/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p9
The article reports that with its profits faltering and investors lined up to sue the company, Sirva Inc. has embarked on one of the largest acquisitions in its history. The company based in Westmont, which owns such household moving brands as Allied Van Lines and North American Van Lines, has...
- LaSalle caught in bidding war. Henderson, Tom; Daniels, Steve // Crain's Detroit Business;4/30/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p3
The article informs that angry shareholders and a renewed takeover bid have put Chicago, Illinois-based LaSalle Bank Corp. up for grabs, and whoever wins a bidding contest will determine whether there need to be layoffs and branch closings at its Troy, Michigan-based subsidiary LaSalle Bank...
- E-BANKING SERVED UP QUICK. Moad, Jeff // eWeek;10/30/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p64
Focuses on LaSalle Bank's strategy to speed up its Internet banking services for high-net-worth clients. Electronic business technology adopted by the bank; Approach in creating a mode targeted tactical approach.
- LaSalle finds fertile lending grounds in Indiana. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;02/28/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p19
Focuses on LaSalle Bank's use of aggressive marketing and pricing to gain a sizeable amount of loan commitments in Indiana. Placement of emphasis on building personal relationships with customers; Growth of LaSalle by going after middle-market corporate financing; LaSalle's creative approach to...
- Former LaSalle Execs Plan Chicago Startup. Kline, Alan // American Banker;8/19/2011, Vol. 176 Issue F332, p5
Brief information is given about LaSalle Bank's expansion strategy in the Chicago, Illinois area which is to buy failed banks' assets and deposits.
- LaSalle sets retail bank expansion. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Chicago Business;1/28/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p3
Reports the expansion plans of Lasalle Bank NA in Chicago, Illinois. Number of branches the bank planned to operate in the long-term; Expansion focus of the bank; Growth strategy of the bank.
- LaSalle of Chicago Unveils CD Linked to Stock Market. ANDERSON, AMY L. // American Banker;7/15/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 134, p10
Focuses on LaSalle Bank's introduction of a callable, equity-linked certificate of deposit (CD) tied to the Standard & Poor's 500 index. Call provision's allowing of banks to redeem the CD on a specified date; Selling of the CD through broker-dealers.
- Lehman Brothers Still Facing Questions About Its Roots. // Bond Buyer;9/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32217, p38
Reports on the disclosure by Lehman Brothers Inc. of its founding partners' ownership of a slave under Chicago's new ordinance that requires firms to research and disclose any financial gains from the slave trade in Illinois. Announcement of slavery profits in an economic disclosure statement;...