Washington Weighing Public-Private Partners hip for Seattle Dock Project
- Public co-financing of private sector's investments Subsidiarity and corruption. Fedeli, Silvia; Forte, Francesco // Public Choice;Jul2003, Vol. 116 Issue 1/2, p109
Compares centralized versus decentralized regimes for the public co-financing of private projects. Corruption levels; Increase in the number of private suppliers of competing projects; Central government's tendency to have a higher level of public capital expenditure than regional governments.
- The Private Finance Initiative: a con or a cure? // Public Finance;5/2/2003, p11
Reports on the debate on Private Finance Initiative (PFI) in Scotland. Risk transfer element of the initiative; Proportion to the Scottish capital investment; Criticism of non-PFI school buildings.
- Not the only game. Glaister, Stephen; Travers, Tony // Public Finance;3/14/2003, p28
Reports on the disadvantages and benefits of public-private partnerships in Great Britain. Involvement of private sector in providing hospitals, schools and public infrastructure; Increase in the amount of debt on the public balance sheet; Lack of commercial discipline.
- MPs slam Treasury's 'imposition' of PPP on the Tube. // Public Finance;4/26/2002, p15
Reports on the controversy in the funding proposals for public-private partnership in the London Tube in England. Changes made to the contracts or participating firms; Opposition from transports and financial experts.
- CAMBODIA: LATEST DATA RELEASES. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2009, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the increase of investment approvals in Cambodia. According to figures from Cambodian Investment Board, year on year, the value of investment approved in the Kingdom increased by 30% in the first half of 2009 to reach 223 million U.S. dollars. However, it cautions that...
- No verdict for PPP inquiry. Hellowell, Mark // Public Private Finance;Oct2002, Issue 67, p7
Focuses on the Scottish Finance Committee's public private partnership. Protection of pay and transfer of staffs.
- The gap between hype and reality. Mckay, Sandy // Public Private Finance;Oct2002, Issue 67, p9
Focuses on the effort of the government to place responsibility for the operation of a facility with the private sector in Great Britain. Ring fencing operations; Fragmented construction; Waste-free assembly.
- Rating the project risk. Cartmell, Bram // Public Private Finance;Oct2002, Issue 67, p25
Focuses on the private finance initiative project rating system in Great Britain. Changes in the credit profile; Construction risk; Financial structure.
- Tulsa Partnership Seeks Combo Financing For River Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/20/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32672, p3
The article reports on the $400 million plan to redevelop the riverfront in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The redevelopment plan will be financed through a public-private partnership that combines $111 million in private donations with the proceeds from an estimated $282.3 million of bonds supported by a...