Fargo Fights Allegations
- S corporations and IRC sec. 1244 stock. Colburn, Steven C. // CPA Journal;Aug94, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p48
Presents the tax treatment of Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 1244 stocks issued to S corporations. Requirements for stocks to qualify as IRC Section 1244 stocks; Loss treatment on IRC Section 1244 stock issued to shareholders of an S corporation; Tax Court's decision on the case `Virgil D....
- Two Capital Trust Multifamily Deals May Be Taxable, IRS Says. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p1
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has made a decision that two bond issues totaling $350 million, sold by the Capital Trust Agency, for multifamily housing projects could be declared taxable. Deals to which notices were sent by the IRS regarding taxation; Bond issue involving...
- Tax-exempts gain focus. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30624, p1
Highlights a preliminary blueprint for the reorganization of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) which would give more focus on tax-exempt bonds. Establishment of a tax-exempt operating division; Significant increase in the number of people and agents that would focus solely on bonds.
- IRS Declares Pima County, Ariz., IDA's Lease-to-Own Bonds Taxable. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32610, p5
The article reports that the Pima County Industrial Development Authority (IDA) in Arizona announced that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has declared its lease-to-own bonds taxable. The Pima County IDA's announcement comes after New Mexico's Region III Housing Authority revealed that the IRS...
- New FAQ Answers Common Tax-Credit Bond Questions. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;9/14/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33382, p3
The article reports on the Internal Revenue Services' (IRS) publication of the answers of frequently asked questions (FAQ) especially the common tax-credit bond questions in the U.S.
- IRS: Chicago Park District Deal Taxable. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;12/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31530, p1
Reports on a preliminary determination of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that several million dollars in advance refunding bonds issued by the Park District of Chicago, Illinois should be declared taxable. Reasons for the determination issued in a policy on December 6, 2002; Key...
- IRS Sees Arbitrage Gain In Workout of Dirt Bonds. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;09/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30969, p1
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) issuance of a field service advice memo stating its refusal to tax-exempt bonds that are backed by Treasury securities. Intent of the IRS to crack down on unusual bond transactions that are inconsistent with revenue procedures; Cases...
- NABL asks IRS to match tax law penalties with violations. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/09/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30594, p4
Reports on the National Association of Bond Lawyers' (NABL) call for the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to match the penalty for violating tax laws governing issuance of tax-exempt bonds. Features of comments filed by the NABL on the agency's proposed guidelines for bond issuers'...
- IRS sets June target to publish final issuer appeal rules. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30633, p4
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service plans to publish by June 1999 its final guidelines for issuer appeals of determinations that bonds are taxable. Comments on the proposed guidelines; Issuance of a technical advice memorandum that favors the IRS; How the bond appeals will work.