FSA Parent Reports Doubling of First-Quarter Profits
- Financial Security Assurance Sees a Rise In Core Earnings, But Suffers a Net Loss. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/09/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30887, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. in the first quarter of 2000. Adjusted book value; Operating net income; Realized capital losses.
- Market-Share Leader FSA Reports 1Q Income Up 13% Over Last Year. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31379, p34
Reports the net income of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. for the first quarter of year 2002 in New York. Percentage of income increase; Statement regarding the performance of the company by chairman Robert P. Cochran; Market share for insuring bond issues.
- FSA Profit Falls, Despite Rise in Muni Business. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;12/20/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32282, p6
The article reports on the earnings announcement by Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. (FSA), a member of the European Dexia group. The company has reported that its third-quarter profit in 2005 has fallen 35.4% from the same period a year ago and net income for the quarter came in at...
- ESA Parent company Reports Drop in 2Q Income, Public Finance Production. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/8/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32687, p7
The article reports on the decline in the second quarter results of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. in the U.S. The company's net income and public finance production dropped from the corresponding quarter of 2006. It had $62.8 million net income and new business production for the...
- FSA Holdings 4Q Profits Increase 15.6%. Helen Chang // Bond Buyer;2/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32068, p6
The article reports that Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. (FSA) reported fourth-quarter profits of $104.7 million, up 15.6% from the same period last year. Earnings for the full year rose 25% to $363.8 million. Fourth-quarter operating earnings climbed to $93.7 million, up 28% from...
- FSA Posts 'Best Ever' 3Q Numbers With 92% Surge in Net Income. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;11/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31759, p6
Reports on net income of the Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. for the third quarter of 2003. Net income for the first nine months.
- The Trading Floor. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p6
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of August 5, 2004. Increase in the second quarter earnings of Assured Guaranty Ltd.; Decline in the gross premiums written in the quarter; Disclosure of the profits of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd.
- Financial Security Assurance Holdings' Income Up, New Muni Business Down. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32508, p7
The article reports that Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. has posted a net income of $91.5 million for the third quarter of 2006. The report implies a 24% increase from the same period, when the company repatriated earnings from a Bermuda-based subsidiary and accounted for the...
- Financial Security Assurance Holdings Posts 9.3% Rise in 2Q Operating Income. Myers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;8/10/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32193, p6
Reports on the increase in the second-quarter operating income posted by Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. in the U.S. Exclusion of fair value adjustments due to a negative adjustment for insured credit default swaps in the net income; Total present value of premiums of the insurer;...