Indiana Judge Hears Arguments in Toll Road Bond Case
- RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN FIDELITY AND SURETY LAW. Ward, Christopher R.; Domres, Marc; Burch, Carleton R.; Duvin, Deborah C.; Knox, Jr., James A.; Leonard, Darrell; Smith, Carol Z.; Szary, Joseph S.; Wager, Tricia // Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p371
The article focuses on the developments in fidelity and surety law in the U.S. It examines the consistency of such law based its statutes. It discusses court cases pertaining to employee dishonesty, forgery, and securities. It elaborates the complexities surrounding the fidelity and surety law...
- Indiana Officials to Call for $3.8B Bond for Anti-Toll Road Plaintiffs. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32368, p36
The article reports that public officials in Indiana are calling a lawsuit against the leasing of the Indiana Toll Road and will ask a judge to require the deal's opponents to post a 3.8 billion bond. The state has argued that the suit filed by a group of citizens and the Citizens Action...
- BACKDATING A BOND DOESN'T NULLIFY GOVT. GUARANTEE. // Construction Claims Monthly;2009, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p68
The article discusses the court case American Contractors Indemnity Co. v. United States wherein the surety bonds obtained by the insured from American Contractors under the government's bond guarantee program were backdated. When the insured defaulted on its payment, the government refused to...
- FIDELITY AND SURETY BONDS ARE VERY DIFFERENT. Mangan, Joseph F. // Insurance Advocate;12/08/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 46, p12
Discusses the difference between fidelity and surety bonds. Features of fidelity bonds; Difference between insurance and suretyship.
- Indiana Supreme Court hears challenge of toll road lease. Donhardt, Tracy // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/19/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p29
The article reports that the Indiana Supreme Court has heard oral arguments that challenge the lease of the Indiana Toll Road. The plaintiffs, comprising of seven citizens and the Citizens Action Coalition of Indiana, are appealing a St. Joseph Superior Court ruling that requires them to post a...
- Contractor Can Sue City Without Proper Surety. Abdulaziz, Sam K. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Nov2000, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p10
Reports the lawsuits filed against the city by the KLM Engineering in California. Failure of the city to provide a sufficient surety; Requirement of the KLM to provide a payment bond as the surety; Approval of the bond by the city.
- Annual Survey of Fidelity and Surety Law, 2001 - Part II. May, Ronald A.; Welbaum, R. Earl; Marmor, Randall I.; Sauer, Roger P. // Defense Counsel Journal;Jul2002, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p338
Presents a roundup of cases that covers public and private construction bonds, fidelity and financial institution bonds, and sureties' remedies in the U.S. as of July 2002.
- In This Issue. Bartlett, Dennis J. // Fidelity & Surety Digest;Winter2011, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented which covers fidelity and surety court cases reported between July 1, 2010 and September 30, 2010, among which are cases that pertain to performance bond, payment bond and miscellaneous bond.
- Open Road For 'Indiana Lease Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/21/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32407, p1
The article reports on the plan of Indiana to close its 3.85 billion dollar lease agreement for the Indiana Toll Road after the state Supreme Court affirmed a lower court ruling. Plaintiffs challenging the constitutionality of the precedent-setting transaction would have to post a 1.9 billion...