Gannett: IRS to Delay Nonprofit Bond Examinations Until After July 31
- Sheridan Turns Nightmare Landfills Into Doozy of a Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/21/2007 Deal of the Year Awards, Vol. 362, p26
The article focuses on a bond deal of Sheridan, Colorado for its redevelopment agency tax increment bonds for the South Santa Fe Drive Corridor project. The $230 million project using tax increment financing and $97 million of tax-exempt and taxable bonds won the small-issuer Deal of the Year...
- Nevada's Proposed Budget Includes $100M for Scholarships. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;1/26/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32057, p36
This article reports that Nevada Governor Kenny Guinn's $5.7 billion budget proposal for 2005-2007 included $100 million in state bonds to shore up a scholarship program for college-bound students. Flush with a $320 million surplus and tax revenues that are expected to reach $5.7 billion over...
- Nevada Corporations Accept IRS Agreement. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32454, p5
The article reports on the closing agreement of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) with two corporations in Nevada. The Desert Springs Community Corp. and developer Mojave Valley Resort Inc. stated that IRS declared their Series 1999 bonds taxable for they are private-activity bonds sold by an...
- IRS: Bank Subsidiaries Can't Help Skirt Taxes. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31954, p5
Reports on the issuance of technical advice memorandum by the Internal Revenue Service covering banks' tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. Stipulation under the memorandum; Controversy over bank deductibility; Effect of the technical advice memorandum on banks.
- Evansville, Ind., Turns to BABs for Arena. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/28/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33307, p1
The article reports on the market entry to financing of Evansville, Indiana which has issued 115 million U.S. dollar worth of taxable Build America Bonds to support the construction of a downtown arena between Indiana and northern Kentucky. It was started by taking retail orders on 6 million...
- OPINION. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p10
Comments on the need for a tax increment financing at Euclid Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio. Proposition of tax incrementation from the White administration; Allocation of property taxes for street improvement; Encouragement of prospective of investors.
- Keller ISD joins TIF, strikes $7.5M natatorium deal. Kron, Roy // Business Press;06/11/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the city of Keller in Tarrant County, Texas' Town Center Tax Increment Financing (TIF) district. Anticipated TIF funds; Educational institutions that made a commitment to participate in the TIF; Principles behind the TIF.
- Govt aligns tax treatment of onshore and offshore bonds. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/28/2013, p66
The article reports on the British government's plan to change the tax treatment on onshore bonds regarding "chargeable gains." It is noted that investment gains on onshore and offshore bonds are treated differently under current rules in Great Britain. It is mentioned that the proportion of any...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Watts, Jim; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32024, p37
The article reports on the bonds market of the Southwestern U.S. In Peoria, Arizona officials expect to ask voters in a the May 2005 election to approve a US$289 million bond program to pay for city needs, including streets, parks, public safety, and water. They also will ask voters to raise the...