Outlook for GSE Reform Doesn't Look Good, Sources Say
- Mutual Funds In Europe. // Community Banker;Apr2000, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p40
Focuses on the growth of mutual funds in Europe. Shifting of savings from bank accounts to mutual fund investments; Impact of the introduction of the euro on mutual funds; Preference of British and Swedish investors for straight equity funds; Preference for low risk bond funds by Spanish,...
- WHICH WAY IS UP? Korn, Donald Jay // Black Enterprise;Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p92
Examines several domestic funds in the U.S. and presents suggestions for investors. Information on value funds and bond funds; Reasons for investing on growth funds and mutual funds; Advantages and disadvantages of investing on bond funds.
- Eating Your Cake and Having It, Too. Stav, Julie // Hispanic;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p46
Discusses the use of bond funds in adjusting mutual fund investments. Details of how bond fund works; Advantage of bond funds; Factors affecting the performance of a corporate bond mutual fund.
- Mutual funds: Short and sweet. // Consumer Reports;Jun2002, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p49
Presents an overview of short-term bond mutual funds. How ultrashort funds invest in bonds and other debt instruments with very short maturities; Suggestion of what to do if the goal is to preserve cash without risking too much; What to look for when choosing ultrashort funds, including...
- Investors Find Bonds No Longer Boring. Decker, Jonathan P. // Christian Science Monitor;10/5/98, Vol. 90 Issue 218, pB3
Discusses the reactions of investors to bonds as of October 5, 1998. The amount that investors pumped into bond funds in 1998, according to the Investment Company Institute; Why bonds look better; Choices, including bond mutual funds and individual bonds; Mention of some mutual-fund companies,...
- Bond Funds. Manson, Derek // Money;Jun2003, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p150
Presents three-year performance rankings for bond funds as of June 2003.
- INVESTING. Caplin, Joan // Money;Nov2002, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p36
Mentions the investment choices of Malcolm Wolff, the former vice-president at CBS Publishing. How he liquidated his entire portfolio; Use of bond funds such as Vanguard Inflation-Protected Securities and Liberty Intermediate Bond.
- Fund Fees Continue to Decline, ICI Says. Abramovich, Giselle // Money Management Executive;11/14/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 43, p1
Focuses on the new report of Investment Company Institute (ICI) of Washington on the decline of fees and expenses incurred by investors who buy mutual funds. Decrease of fees and expenses on equipment funds by four basis points in 2004; Decline of average fees on bond funds; Reasons cited by ICI...
- Investment products. // American Banker;11/18/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 222, p12
Presents charts of mutual funds managed by banks and thrift institutions in the United States. Includes the top 25 banks that manage retail mutual fund assets; Performance of top 50 equity funds; Taxable bond funds; Tax-exempt bonds; Mixed funds.