Puerto Rico Mulls $740M GDB Loan
- U.S. Senate approves $29 billion for hurricane relief. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Mar2006, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p17
The article reports that the U.S. Senate has approved a bill to aid the Gulf Coast in rebuilding the region from hurricane damage last fall while the House of Representatives approved the measure as amended by the Senate to remove the oil drilling section in Alaska.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;6/4/1979, Vol. 55 Issue 16, p155
An excerpt from two newspapers "Baltimore Sun" and "Washington Post," which states about the opposite opinion of the two administration lobbyists regarding the $4 billion foreign aid bill is presented.
- Vital role of UK aid. MOORE, MICHAEL // Eastern Eye;7/25/2014, Issue 1261, p8
The author reflects on a bill introduced which aims to enshrine in the public spending on aid at 0.7 percent of the gross national income in Great Britain, and mentions the results of the annual report by the British Department for International Development on the country's international aid.
- Should The Administration's Foreign Aid Proposal For Fiscal Year 1967 Be Substantially Curtailed? Fulbright, J. W. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep66, Vol. 45 Issue 8/9, p204
Presents a provocative argument made by the author on the Foreign Assistance Act of 1966 and the Military Assistance and Sales Act of 1966. Amendments made by the committee in the economic aid program; Provisions under both acts.
- Country Risk Summary: CAMBODIA. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2004, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p6
The two main political parties in Cambodia appear close to agreement after last year's disputed general election which left the South East Asian country in political deadlock. Only once a new government is formed will it be possible to ratify a number of key pieces of legislation, including a...
- Panel OKs Bill to Blunt Kelo Decision Impact. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p4
Reports on the approval of the legislation that would deny states and localities federal economic development grants, by the House Agriculture Committee. Basis of the bill; Conditions under the bill; Revision on the measure to limit the federal funding ban.
- Yderomrï¿½deudpegning -- velsignelse eller forbandelse? M�ller, J�rgen // Okonomi & Politik;2012, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p37
Designation as remote area means that the state, the regions and a number of NGOs have stated that development is not as favourable here as in other parts of the country. Implicitly, this indicates that these areas ï¿½have not made the most of their talentsï¿½. Accordingly, the designation...
- AIDS aid. // Echo Magazine;6/5/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p55
Focuses on the bill signed by U.S. President George W. Bush on May 27, 2003, which increases U.S. contributions toward fighting AIDS worldwide. Amount allotted for AIDS programs; Provisions on AIDS prevention and treatment; Amount specified by the bill to be spent per year for five years.
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE. // Education Week;5/3/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p13
The article presents summaries of the final actions of legislatures on education related bills in the U.S. To gain state grants, schools must adhere to goals set by state board in Hawaii including appropriated 90 million dollars a year for 10 years for capital improvements. In North Dakota,...