Seeking the perfect brief
- Chemistry Lessons. Smith, Wendy // Marketing Week;9/24/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p71
Focuses on the role which business presentations play in the success of a business, with emphasis on how advertising agencies win advertising accounts. Comments from Australian training consultant Julie Erickson, managing director of Rogen International UK; Key problem in business presentation...
- Buchanan on...pitching. Buchanan, Peter // Campaign (UK);11/05/99, Issue 44, p33
Presents a list of top ten tips for advertising agencies that want to increase their pitching ability. Illumination of basic mistakes; Presentation quality.
- New business: the most important part of advertising. Figueroa, Hector Berrios // Caribbean Business;11/16/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p43
Reports on advertising agencies' use of efforts and resources in business presentations to attract clients in Puerto Rico. Value of presentations; Creative works produced by advertising agencies.
- Hammersley on...pre-shortlist pitchlists. Hammersley, Paul // Campaign;09/03/99, Issue 35, p27
Asserts that credentials presentation has become the most important factor when an advertising agency pitches for an account in Great Britain. Changes in the briefing of the agencies; Threat to the quality of service provided to clients.
- The history of advertising in quite a few objects: 33 The Carousel. // Campaign (UK);6/22/2012, Issue 25, p14
The article offers information on the carousel slide projector that was used by advertising agencies in the early 1960s for making presentations. INSET: Things you need to know.
- Too many specialists spoil the brand image. Troullides, Andy // Marketing Week;9/23/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p16
Stresses the need for advertisers to focus on a core group of skilled agency people to prevent brand values from being eroded by technical specialists. Advertisers' practice of hiring a consultant-adviser to interpret the reports developed by a advertising specialists; Fragmented...
- Kill the capabilities deck and have an honest conversation. Ohrt, Darryl // Advertising Age;9/6/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 31, p15
The author offers opinions on advertising agency marketing, arguing that the so-called capabilities deck slide presentation to potential clients is actually counterproductive.
- Meeting expectations. Clopet, Julian // Adweek Western Edition;02/17/97, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p28
Discusses ways for advertising agencies to hone a pitch and win some new business. Importance of new business for agencies; Requirements in making a pitch; Factors that clients are looking for from an agency in a relationship; Pitfalls that agency executives should avoid during a presentation.
- Audi says it won't change ad agencies. Halliday, Jean; Chura, Hillary // Automotive News;2/2/2004, Vol. 78 Issue 6078, p72F
After word leaked out last month that Audi Motor Corp. was considering changing its agency, the carmaker moved hastily to quash talk of a review. It maintained that meetings were arranged by marketing director Michael Lembke, but they never took place. Audi said the $70 million account was...