Turner targets TV trade in Cannes
- The rise & rise of TV3. Shaw, Steven // AdMedia;Sep2001, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on the reward of TV3 for consistency programming in New Zealand. Rate of TV3 against TVNZ; Comparison of audience level to different television stations; Improvement on the performance of sports coverage.
- Child's Play. Keck, William // Entertainment Weekly;5/3/2002, Issue 652, p28
Presents information on the 15th Annual Kids' Choice Awards given by cable television network Nickelodeon in 2002.
- Nick's night out. Shaw, Jessica; Kit, Zorianna // Entertainment Weekly;05/02/97, Issue 377, p18
Reports on Nickelodeon's 10th Annual Kid's Choice Awards held on April 19, 1997. The celebrities that attended; The awarding of Favorite Movie Actress to Rosie O'Donnell and Favorite Actor to Jim Carrey.
- MTV nurses docs via prize. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;4/2/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 23, p5
Reports on the handing out of a cash reward by cable television network MTV at the DoubleTake Documentary Film Festival in Durham, North Carolina.
- MTV Asia Awards bows to rare review, ratings. Osborne, Magz // Daily Variety;2/5/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 48, p12
Gives overview of the 2002 MTV Asia Awards in Singapore. Feedbacks of the show; Performers and hosts of the show; Citations on the awardees.
- HBO garners most CableACE nominations. // Electronic Media;09/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p62
Reports that Home Box Office (HBO), received the most nominations in the 1997 CableACE competition. Information on three other cable networks which doubled their 1996 take.
- Ch. 2 lacks eye for talent. Brady, James // Crain's New York Business;05/14/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p9
Highlights the recipients of the Emmy Awards for television in New York, New York. Career background of Channel 5 news director Susan Sullivan; Allusion to the incompetence of Channel 2 news director Joel Cheatwood; Reference to the scandal on the reality show Survivor.
- Cable nets hand out awards for branding. Dempsey, John // Variety;04/20/98, Vol. 370 Issue 10, p21
Provides information on the Music Television (MTV) Video Music Awards, a cable-network show in New York. Comments on the show; Why awards shows are valued according to Tim Spengler of Western International Media; Cable events that have improved their audience delivery; Reason for inventing the...
- Comedy Central Bows 'The Commies' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p18
Reports on the Comedy Central Presents the Commies, an award television program for comedy-based television programs launched by Comedy Central. Categories of the awards; Features of the awards shows.