All fired up for the new year
- WHAT'S THE BUZZ? // Director;Sep2010, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p8
The article mentions the anniversary of Fantastic Fireworks founded by former sports journalist Jon Culverhouse, which has been in business for 25 years.
- It's a busy month for... // Director;Nov2002, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p16
Presents news related to business as of November 2002. Estimated amount of the annual turnover made by fireworks manufacturing company Fantastic Fireworks; Plan of the Lee Cash, owner of the Rose and Crown for the month of November; Effect of 46th Regus London Film Festival on the cinema.
- Event Solutions: Liverpool shines on birthday. // Event;Oct2007, p10
The article reports on the celebration of the 800th birthday of Liverpool, England on August 28, 2007. As part of the celebration, a 20-minute firework and lighting display at the Pier Head produced by Event Design Logistics was culminated. The display, supplied by Fantastic Fireworks, was set...
- Fireworks affinity worth defusing. Winston, Paul D. // Business Insurance;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p21
Editorial. Comments on the use of fireworks in the United States. Author's use of fireworks as a child; Examination of the author's concerns about the dangers of fireworks; Reference to laws prohibiting the use and purchase of fireworks.
- The firecracker. Springer, Jeff // Boys' Life;Jul93, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p87
Presents step-by-step instructions for making the slide of the month of July, an Independence Day firecracker. Materials and method.
- How do they put `fire' in fireworks? Huntington, Sharon // Christian Science Monitor;6/30/98, Vol. 90 Issue 150, p8
Provides information on how pyrotechnicians prepare for a fireworks presentation. How fireworks are made; How they work; Types of colors and sounds that fireworks can create; Indoor fireworks; The danger that pyrotechnicians face. INSETS: What's inside an aerial shell;Pyrotechnical glossary.
- Give me an `a'. Allen, Laura; Pope, Greg // Science World;05/02/97, Vol. 53 Issue 14, p14
Provides information on how fireworks work. Technological advances; Shape shells perfected by the Grucci family of Brookhaven, New York; Chemical reaction needed in order to produce fireworks; Exothermic reaction. INSET: His job is a blast..
- 12 tips to taking the fire out of fireworks. Coppernoll, Marilyn // Single Parent;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p40
Presents 12 safety tips for using fireworks with children. Discusses myths and facts about fireworks, and statistics on fireworks-related accidents. INSET: Safety tips for home users (of fireworks)..
- The flashy science of fireworks. // Current Science;5/10/91, Vol. 76 Issue 18, p8
Explains how fireworks work. Pyrotechnics; How oxygen fuels the fireworks; Fireworks rhythm.