Casting the net worldwide maximises the message
- DTI spent ...5.8m on market testing. // Public Finance;11/4/94, p3
Reports on the expenditure by Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry for its market testing program for 1994. Comment by member of parliament Paul Flynn.
- Research firms face tax bombshell. Hammer, Mick // New Scientist;05/31/97, Vol. 154 Issue 2084, p7
Reports on the increase in the tax exemption threshold for corporate research spending planned by the British Department of Trade and Industry. Restriction of the definition of research that qualifies for tax exemption; Exclusion of subcontracted research; Release of draft guidelines to research...
- Cash reward for CBPP work. // Contract Journal;3/20/2002, Vol. 412 Issue 6369, p3
Reports on the donation of the British Department of Trade & Industry to the government's Construction Best Practice Programme. Amount of the donation; Purpose of the pledge; Increase in the turnovers of member companies under the program.
- technology & environment. // Chemical Week;7/26/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 28, p47
Presents updates on technology and environment which affect the chemical industries as of July 26, 2000. Draft circulated by the European Union Commission on the list of probable endocrine chemicals; Funding appropriated by Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry for chemical research...
- Money is not enough. // Accountancy;Jan2007, Vol. 139 Issue 1361, p122
The article reports on initiatives started in Great Britain to raise the knowledge level of businesspeople seeking financial assistance to increase the size of business enterprises. The piece notes that there is a wide variety of grants provided to business owners available from the Department...
- High-performance aluminum alloys designed for critical parts. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Apr2007, Vol. 165 Issue 4, p7
The article reports that a contract to produce new high-performance aluminum alloys through Direct Chill RheoCasting has been won by Innoval Technology Ltd., an independent materials technology provider based in Banbury, England. The alloy is a cast slab or billet with a significantly finer and...
- Brussels launches investigation into DTI grant. // Public Finance;09/29/2000, p15
Reports that the European Commission has launched an investigation into a grant from the British Department of Trade and Industry to the Japanese- owned carmaker Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. Use of the grant to secure the contract for Nissan UK to build the Micra hatchback in Sunderland, England;...
- The Rural Market in Late Imperial China. Fang Ren // Asian Social Science;Jun2010, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p42
The rural market was an important constituent of marketing system, and formed an un-vertical congruent relationship with urban market in late imperial China. There were different types of rural fair in the imperial China. Xu, Chang, Ji, Dian, Shi, Hui, all of them were the regular fairs. Their...
- Editor's Introduction. Slay, Ben // Problems of Economic Transition;Mar2008, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p3
The article discusses the economic topic published within the issue, financial aspects of monetary integration in the CIS," by S.M. Drobyshevskii and D.I. Polevoi.