Events aid fiscal crisis in Moscow
- Moscow. Remnick, David; Ludwig, Gerd // National Geographic;Apr97, Vol. 191 Issue 4, p78
Examines the changes that Moscow, Russia has undergone in the five years since the collapse of communism and the Soviet state. Signs of capitalism having entered the city; Changes at the most basic level of everyday life, including an increased presence of homeless; The rules of class and...
- Primal enterprise. Klein, Joe // Newsweek;7/11/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p37
Opinion. Comments on the prosperity that is seeping slowly, spottily, to the masses in Russia. The dominant mood that is almost optimistic; Moscow's entrepreneurial energy; Effects of United States aid; The need for expansion of a civil society, an area where the Russians have not wanted...
- Watch your wallet. Fenyvesi, Charles // U.S. News & World Report;6/14/93, Vol. 114 Issue 23, p38
Discusses how the value of the ruble recently plummeted to less that a 10th of a cent in Moscow. How Russians are easing the pain of the deteriorating economy with black humor.
- Welcome to Moscow. Friedenreich, Ken // World Trade;Dec97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p14
Provides information about the economic and environmental conditions in Moscow, Russia. Best way to measure the progress of free-market adaptations in the city; How Jay DeLong of the Strategic Alliance for the Orange County help companies in Moscow; Transformations under way on the city;...
- No rent control. Morris, John // Treasury & Risk Management;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the exorbitant office rents in Moscow, Russia. Rate of office rents in Moscow as the highest in Europe.
- Make your visit to a trade show pay. Daniel, Joseph E. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p104
Presents money-saving ideas in attending trade shows. Identification of one's motive; Use of barter; Investing in a portable booth; Traveling economically.
- State Fair - A Texas Tradition. Hutchison, Kay Bailey // Graham Leader;10/4/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 15, p8
In this article the author discusses the history as well as the economic benefits offered by the State Fair of Texas, which started as the Dallas State Fair and Exposition in 1886.
- London calls for a single voice. Couldwell, Clive // Marketing Event;Oct98, p26
Focuses on the plan of the Labour government in Great Britain to have an elected mayor in London to help the city win business. Importance of constructing events facilities; Ranking of London among the cities in the world in terms of events facilities; Impact of the events industry to London.
- Getting your money's worth from trade shows. Van Kirk, Dougf // InfoWorld;12/20/93, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p46
Focuses on the effect of shrinking information systems (IS) budgets on trade shows. Value of trade shows to vendors; Trend in reduction of trade show attendance; Search for cost-effective alternatives for networking with other IS professionals; Vendor orientation of trade shows; Problem with...