Shows set to target PR firms
- BECA to support approval fee scheme despite misgivings. Fletcher, Mike // Event;Apr2002, p5
Reports on the agreement reached by the British Exhibition Contractors Association (BECA) and the Centre Exhibitions company over its recommendation for Institute of Trade Mark Agents (ITMA) 2003. Terms of the agreement; Purpose of positing the BECA logo on the ITMA 2003 web site; Benefit of...
- Centre unveils blueprint for gaming event. // Event;Sep2002, p7
Focuses on a computer games event to be launched by Centre Exhibitions at the NEC.XSGame show which will take place from July 25 to 27, 2003. Features of the show; Statement from Peter Ward, Centre Exhibitions group exhibitions manager; Contract won by Centre Exhibitions.
- Centre Exhibitions wins food fair deal. // Event;Apr2002, p10
Reports on the contract awarded by Bakery Exhibitors Limited company to Centre Exhibitions company to manage biennial bakery and fast food exhibition Food & Bake in 2004 and 2006. Background on the show; Areas of the show which could be developed.
- In-house crews join AEO line-up. Chadwick, Philip // Marketing Event;Jul/Aug2001, p11
Reports on the membership of Centre Exhibitions (CE) and Clarion Events into the Association of Exhibition Organizers (AEO). Decision of the AEO to relax membership restrictions on venue-owned organizers; Plan of CE for an expansion; Importance of AEO membership to the exhibition industry.
- Men's lifestyle show for NEC. // Marketing Event;Jun99, p5
Deals with the decision of Centre Exhibitions, the events organizing unit of NEC, to launch its own exhibition for the men's lifestyle market. Date of the planned launching of the exhibition; Results of its talks with Crucial Events to buy its Toys for the Boys exhibition.
- NEC set to buy men's event. Creevy, Jennifer // Marketing Event;Feb99, p5
Focuses on the negotiation of the Centre Exhibitions, NEC's events' division, to buy the Toys for the Boys organizer Crucial Events. Comments from Mammoth Events, Crucial's parent company; Why James Magee, managing director of organizer Face 2 Face, refused to buy Crucial Events.
- Name change for in-house NEC organiser. // Event;Nov2002, p4
Reports that Centre Exhibitions has changed its name to Centrex in a bid to enable it to organize more shows. Shows to be managed by Centrex in 2003.
- Clarion finalises Centre buy. // Event;Jun2005, p5
Reports on the completion of the acquisition of Centre Exhibitions by Clarion Events. Fraction of the majority share being owned by Clarion Events in the joint venture; Remarks from Simon Kimble, managing director at Clarion Events, on their events portfolio; Other exhibitions acquired by the...
- Clarion Events NEC launched. // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;May2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the decision of Clarion Events Ltd. and the NEC Group's Centre Exhibitions to form a joint venture to be called Clarion Events NEC Ltd. as of May 2005. Reason behind the move; Percentage of share to be invested by CEL in the joint venture; Statement issued by NEC Group CEO Andrew...