AT&T hypes company brand
- A tragedy told 40,000 times. Pandya, Mukul // Business News New Jersey;1/10/96, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p4
Looks at how AT&T offered middle managers voluntary packages after announcing the elimination of thousands of jobs in three years. New Jersey hardest hit; Profile of Tom Chase, a former worker at AT&T.
- AT&T says it will eliminate nearly 40,000 jobs. // Christian Science Monitor;1/3/96, Vol. 88 Issue 26, p2
Reports on the elimination of nearly 40,000 jobs by American Telephone and Telegraph Company (T&T), mostly through layoffs, as part of a plan to split the company into three separate companies. Estimated amount of jobs to be cut through layoffs; Number of managers who accepted a buyout package;...
- A local call. // Business News New Jersey;01/12/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p2
Reports on an announcement by the telecommunications company AT&T to purchase Teleport Communications Group in Staten Island, New York. Details on Teleport Communciations Group; What the deal indicates for C. Michael Armstrong who replaced Robert Allen as chief executive officer at AT&T.
- AT&T adds financial news, directories. // Cellular Business;Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p70
Reports on AT&T Communications Inc.'s plans to offer financial news and market updates beginning July 1997 for users of its PocketNet digital phone. Users' access of information from Bloomberg Financial Markets' Web site; Agreement with Infospace Inc.
- AT&T takes opening shots at local service. Warner, Bernhard // Brandweek;03/03/97, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p5
Reports on AT&T's win-back checks promotion. Competition with Nynex; Intra-LATA service accounts; Background information on the company.
- Take a number. Doran, G. David // Entrepreneur;Feb1998, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p20
Provides information on the 877 prefix toll-free numbers offered by AT&T. Reasons for their introduction; Reference to other numbers; Comments from Tom Angeline, of AT&T.
- Bloomberg. // Business News New Jersey;1/24/96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the shedding of 40,000 jobs to restructure and form three separate companies by AT&T in Basking Ridge, New Jersey. Comments from the Communications Workers of America (CWA); Percentage of union workers cut to be cut in New Jersey.
- AT&T jumps into Net phone. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Mar98, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p39
Reports on the AT&T company and their announcement of a WorldNet Voice Service. Details on the service; Proposed benefits of the service.
- Local decisions. // Telephony;09/14/98, Vol. 235 Issue 11, p102
Reports that AT&T Communications Inc. reacted strongly to a decision by the Nebraska Public Service Commission that leaves it up to local telephone competitors to prove the existence of competition within the local telecommunications market.