Apple Expo to go on--minus Apple
- This week. // Electronic News (10616624);11/15/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1989, p4
Reports on computer companies' support for Apple Computer's proposed P1394 serial bus standard at the 1993 Comdex Computer Show. Companies likely to support the proposal; P1394 serial bus' design as a high-speed I/O interconnect; Companies already supporting the proposal.
- Hard core for Apple Expo. Mistry, Bhavna // Marketing Event;Mar1997, p30
Focuses on the Apple Expo exhibition in Great Britain which is dedicated to the Macintosh platform. Success of the show despite Apple Computers' declining financial performance; Participation of major competitor Microsoft Corp. in the show; Show marketing strategies.
- Macs exposed. King, Brett Allan // Advertising Age's Creativity;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p29
Reports on the 1999 Macworld Expo computer exhibit on held on January 4-8, in San Francisco, California. Interest in Apple Computer Inc.'s iMac computer; Attendance at the event; Features of the iMac computer; Computer technology launched at the event; Highlights of the exhibit.
- Realizing the gravity of its PDA problems, Apple has drawn me back to Newton. Alsop, Stewart // InfoWorld;11/6/95, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p138
Focuses on Apple Computer Inc.'s launching of the upgraded Newton MessagePad computers at the 1995 Comdex Computer Show. Defects in the handwriting recognition of the previously released computers; Crucial features of personal digital assistant (PDA) computers; Key to the MessagePad's usefulness.
- Apple returns with vengeance. // TVB Europe;Mar2000, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p56
Looks back on breakthroughs introduced during the MacWorld Expos in the 1990s. How Apple ignored other companies working to perfect the Mac as a platform for authoring digital video content; Impact of Media 100's acquisition of Terran Interactive and Wired Inc.; How digital storage...
- SIGGRAPH '97 hit by a Nor'easter. Giardina; Goldrich, Carolyn // SHOOT;08/15/97, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the 24th International Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques (SIGGRAPH) held in August 1997 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Number of attendees; Reverberations of the announcement that Microsoft Corp. had bought a minority stake in archrival Apple Computer...
- PowerPC PowerBook to debut at Comdex. Crothers, Brooke; Quinlan, Tom // InfoWorld;10/24/94, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p5
Reports on the plan of Apple Computer to showcase its first PowerPC-based portable, a 603-based PowerBook system, at the 1994 Comdex show. System based on a new version of the PowerPC 603 chip developed by Motorola; Design improvements with the PowerPC PowerBook.
- IBM and Apple will announce plan for common PowerPC platform. Quinlan, Tom // InfoWorld;11/7/94, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p5
Reports that Apple Computer Inc. and IBM will use the 1994 Comdex show to announce plans to integrate their PowerPC technologies. IBM as the first company to license the Apple's Macintosh operating system; Joint PowerPC Reference Platform specification; Apple's development of an IBM...
- Vendors tout RISC chip implementations for 1995. Boudette, Neal // PC Week;11/28/94, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p37
Reports on the launching of computers using RISC microprocessors at the 1994 Comdex Computer Show. Apple Computer Inc.'s demonstration of forthcoming PowerMac and PowerBook models; Digital Equipment Corp.'s introduction of a low-cost Alpha chip; DeskStation Technology Inc.'s showing of a...