Cable channel pushes facts
- TLC Trades Up to Elite Rating Space. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p14
Reports that the firm TLC has become one of the U.S. cable television's best primetime ratings draws relying mostly on nonfictional shows. Myth associated with the cable industry; Importance of the show 'Trading Places' to the company; Television series that are expected to be launched by the...
- The road more traveled. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;01/26/98, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
Reports that Discovery Communications is offering a license-free affiliation for its channel. Purpose of the company's decision; Other cable networks that practices discounted sales.
- Discovery satisfies Latin demand for documentaries. Goldner, Diane // Variety;05/19/97 Supplement, Vol. 367 Issue 3, p28
Reports on growth of Discovery Networks' Latin America service since its launching from Miami, Florida, in April 1994. Concept of Pan-Latin American advertising; Total viewership among all multichannel services in Latin America; Promotional spots; Offering of unique product; Effort to make the...
- Discovery Net Finds Way to Hungary. Nadler, John // Variety;01/18/99, Vol. 373 Issue 9, p73
Reports that Discovery Communications has launched two Hungarian cable networks namely, Discovery and the nature channel Animal Planet, in Budapest, Hungary. Viewership of Discovery; Significance of Discovery's arrival in Budapest.
- MSOs want to know. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the plans by Discovery Communications to reformat its Knowledge TV cable television program. Inclusion of incentives for program distributors; Reaction from the company's cable television clients.
- Just Keep the Sharks Coming. Bürgi, Michael // MediaWeek;4/5/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 14, pD2
The article presents an introduction to a special commemorative section on the cable television company Discovery Communications.
- DISPATCHES. // Variety;12/23/2002, Vol. 389 Issue 6, p21
Presents updates on the cable television industry as of December 2002. Move of the Supreme Court of Afghanistan to ban cable television operators in the eastern city of Jalalabad from screening Western and Indian movies against Islam; Rank of Discovery Networks Asia from the Pan-Asia-Pacific...
- Discovery boosts originals. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p48
Focuses on an original programming budget of Discovery Networks, of which $180 million will be spent to produce approximately 1,700 program hours, for the 1996-97 upfront advertising season in the United States. Amount of money going to Discovery Channel to produce 952 program hours; Statistics...
- Discovery pulls Travel bid. D.J. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p62
Reports on Discovery Communications' withdrawal of its offer for Landmark's Travel Channel. Failure of the parties to agree on a pair; Companies interested on Discovery's offer.