Compaq takes to the road
- Compaq drives 2001 message. // Marketing Event;Jan1998, p6
Focuses on Compaq Computer Corp.'s series of roadshows in Great Britain aimed at presenting the firm's products in a futuristic setting. Sledge's organization of the FutureVision roadshows.
- Compaq to enter NC market. // Electronic News;11/24/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2195, p4
Focuses on the reaction of the Windows terminal players to Compaq's plan to enter the network computer (NC) market. Companies expected to be affected by the move; Background on Compaq's strategy for the NC market.
- Compaq gears up for fall releases. Zimmerman, Michael R. // PC Week;7/5/93, Vol. 10 Issue 26, p1
Announces Compaq Computer Corp.'s series of enhanced computer products geared to steal top spot from IBM Corp. in the computer market. Pentium-based fault-resilient servers; Pen-equipped notebook and subnotebook PCs; Desktop PCs with plug-and-play capabilities; Powersaving ProLinea desktops;...
- News Briefs. // InfoWorld;03/29/99, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p5
Presents news briefs from the computer industry in the United States in March 1999. Decision of Compaq Computer to modify the marketing model of ProSignia computer lines; Year 2000 date conversion testing conducted by ADP company; Local area network (LAN) product unveiled by Lucent Technologies.
- RadioShack stores sell Compaq PCs. // T H E Journal;May98, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p9
Provides information on the Presario computer models that were shipped by Compaq Computers company to RadioShack stores in the United States. Plan of RadioShack company; List of Presario models available in March 1998; Terms of the retail agreement.
- Compaq hopes refreshed portables lure buyers back. Zimmerman, Michael R. // PC Week;1/23/95, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the marketing efforts of Compaq Computer Corp.'s Portable PC Division for its line of notebook computers. Release of Pentium-based notebook; Production agreement with Inventec Corp. of Taiwan; Upgrades for the Contura and Elite product lines.
- Compaq adds muscle to workstation lineup. Bournellis, Cynthia // Electronic News;06/16/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2172, p6
Reports on Compaq Computer's release of two professional Windows NT workstations based on both Pentium Pro and Pentium II microprocessors in the aftermath of its launch of a workstation division devoted to building Windows NT systems based on Pentium Pro processors. Multiprocessor initiative...
- Compaq PC to warn of impending crashes. April, Carolyn A. // InfoWorld;7/01/96, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p14
Reports on Compaq Computer Corp.'s introduction of additional models in its high-end Deskpro line of notebook computers. Enhanced capabilities of the models; Compaq's slated release of desktops aimed at the home user.
- Compaq redirects distribution. Moore, Mark // PC Week;04/14/97, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p22
Discusses the build-to-order strategy of Compaq Computer Corp. The hope for the purchasing options to alleviate inventory problems; How Compaq's strategy differs from other direct marketers; The Armada 1500; Compaq's plans to revamp its entire laptop line of computers; Other products.