Independent expands into consumer shows
- Readers opt to pay. // Editor & Publisher;2/5/94, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the increase in voluntary circulation fees collected by the Independent Newspapers Inc. from Arizona readers in 1993. Amount collected; Increase in the number of contributors; Average amount of contribution.
- Ariz. weekly launched. // Editor & Publisher;7/15/95, Vol. 128 Issue 28, p29
Reports that Independent Newspapers of Phoenix, Arizona is planning to launch its tenth weekly, the `Arrowhead Ranch Independent.'
- Newspaper company to match 401(k). // Editor & Publisher;06/28/97, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p23
Reports on Dover, Delaware-based Independent Newspapers Inc.'s plans to match 100 percent of the first $250 contributed by each employee to its 401(k) plan beginning July 1, 1997.
- Company contribution. // Editor & Publisher;7/20/96, Vol. 129 Issue 29, p7
Reports on Independent Newspapers Inc.'s announcement that it will match half of the first $500 that employees contribute to the company 401(k) plan in the year beginning July 1, 1996.
- Car guide premieres. // Editor & Publisher;3/12/94, Vol. 127 Issue 11, p39
Reports on the introduction of the tabloid `Valley Automotive Buyer's Guide,' by the Independent Newspapers of Arizona.
- New Zulu newspaper to launch in South Africa. // New York Amsterdam News;3/7/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p2
Reports the release of a Zulu tabloid from Independent Newspapers Group in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Costs of the tabloid; Focus of the tabloid on sports; Publishing of 'Popular Mechanics' magazine by Ramsay Son and Parker.
- Black letter day. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;12/9/2002, p15
Focuses on the appearance of the names of Independent Newspapers Inc. editorial staff in electronic mail messages in Durban, South Africa. Suggestions of union leaders to let all the editors to resign; Legal advice considered by the staff; Response of Shaun Johnson, chief executive officer of...
- Veronis in Texas deal. // Editor & Publisher;08/22/98, Vol. 131 Issue 34, p6
Reports that Veronis Suhler and Associates Inc. has served as financial adviser to Independent Newspapers Inc. which sold Houston Community Newspapers to Westward Communications. Veronis managing director Kevin Lavalla on the trend of purchasing community newspapers.
- No editorials? A heresy that works for us. Smyth, Joe // Editor & Publisher;6/29/96, Vol. 129 Issue 26, p56
Focuses on Independent Newspapers Inc.'s approach to the no-editorials idea in community newspapers. Tentative phaseout of editorials; Turning of opinion pages into a forum for community discussion of public issues; Encouragement of more letters to the editors; Recruitment of guest commentaries...