Volvo targets sports market
- Volvo tries alternative sales methods in Central Europe. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;07/17/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 15, p12
Focuses on the marketing approach of Volvo, an automobile company, in Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic. Reason of the company for planning to open showcase centers in Warsaw and Budapest; Total number of cars that the company planned to sell in the three countries in 2000; Details on the...
- Volvo unleashes twin marketing offensive to ramp up saloon sales. Rubach, Emma // Precision Marketing;3/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p6
Reports on Volvo AB's integrated marketing campaign for its automobile line in Great Britain. Products offered by the company to Volvo buyers; Involvement of dealerships in the campaign.
- Volvo. // Marketing (00253650);7/27/2011, p20
The article reports that Sweden-based AB Volvo has struggled to market its fleet and expand its customer base.
- Volvo gears up to promote 'Bi-fuel' models. // Precision Marketing;11/8/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p2
Reports on the direct campaign launched by Volvo to publicize the benefits of 'Bi-fuel' cars, aimed at environmentally conscious consumers and business drivers. Reduction in fuel costs offered by the cars; Design and implementation of the campaign by the JJ Group.
- Too Slow for the Fast Lane? Volvo and Saab. TAYLOR III, ALEX // Fortune;7/21/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 2, p68
Discusses the effort by Sweden's two automakers, Volvo and Saab, in inventing new personalities that will make them more popular with upscale customers. The reputation of Volvo and Saab for their safety engineering; The serious problems at both companies; The desire of both companies to emulate...
- Volvo plots return to the US market next year. Durbin, Dee-Ann // Delta Automotive Report;Dec2013, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p5
The article reports that the automobile firm AB Volvo will launch the XC90 sport utility vehicle (SUV) in the U.S. at the end of 2014 followed by the S40 small car and mentions marketing strategies of the firm including hiring of a new advertising agency and working on advertisements.
- Don't box Volvo in. Lloyd, Simon // BRW;7/20/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p41
Reports on the steps taken by Swedish carmaker Volvo AB to improve its corporate image in Australia. Change in the company's product line; Use of the hand-held Palm Pilot device as a marketing tool; Share of the passenger vehicle market in Australia.
- Volvo mailing to question image. // Marketing (00253650);7/6/2000, p15
Reports that car company Volvo has appointed direct marketing firm Hamilton Wright to handle its planned direct marketing campaign in Great Britain as of July 6, 2000.
- SWEDEN: Volvo rethinks its way to market. Wright, Chris // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);12/19/2014, p1
The article presents a reprint of the article "Sweden: Volvo rethinks its way to market" which appeared on the website "Aroq-Just-Auto.Com" on December 16, 2014. It focuses on the new global marketing strategy of automobile industry AB Volvo under which company is cutting back on major motor...