Rubber Stamping on Fabric
- News from Interweave. // Fiberarts;Spring2011, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p7
This section offers news briefs related to fiber arts including a digital release of "In Stitches," Volume 2 eMag from "Quilting Arts," the Spring 2011 issue of "Studios" which features a tour of Ty Pennington's studio, and the launch of the community website sewdaily.com.
- Paper-Template Piecing in Early-Nineteenth-Century America. Newell, Aimee E. // Piecework;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p40
The article discusses 19th century paper-pieced quilts originating from England, defined to be using templates for piecing geometric shapes and motifs together to produce uniform shapes attached precisely to fellow similar pieces. It cites and describes several quilts such as the signed and...
- Chapter 3: Fabric Picture Creation. // Quilting & Applique;Jun1999, p19
Presents information on how to create a fabric picture or an Indian quilt. Details of making a pattern for quilting or appliquÃ© Suggestions for wholecloth quilting.
- Introduction. Nicholson, Nancy // Start to Patchwork;2009, p4
The article discusses about the role of patchwork in quilting and textiles. Patchwork has been an approach to recycle used clothes and fabrics, where the method became popular in the U.S. in the 19th century due to the patchwork quilts made by women of the group Shakers of America. The method...
- Kantha Embroidery Transforms Old Saris. Gill, Brinda // Fiberarts;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p23
The article focuses on kantha, a style of embroidery-cum-quilting traditionally practiced in Bangladesh. Such form of needlecraft is based on the recycling of used fabrics and is reflective of the skill and resourcefulness of women in putting the simplest of materials to use while preserving a...
- sew to speak. // Quiltmaker;May/Jun2013, Issue 151, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issue about quilting including an article about the Monster Trucks applique pattern, an article about Spring Skinnie design, and an article about the Dinosaur Games design.
- The Colorful Tracery of Cathedral Window Quilts. Patterson, Veronica // Piecework;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p28
The article provides information on the Cathedral Window quilt design. The design is made by folding, without raw edges and quilting. The design was called the Homesteaders' Puzzle in the February 1911 issue of the periodical "Hearth and Home" published in Augusta, Maine. The Cathedral Window...
- Passage Quilts. Gschwandtner, Sabrina // Fiberarts;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p48
This article focuses on artist Sherri Lynn Wood, who created passage quilts. The details of how Wood formulated the concept and practice of passage quilting, which she calls an aesthetic vehicle of intervention that fosters emotional healing and social exchange, are discussed. Since 2002, Wood...
- Collaborative Quilting. // Fiberarts;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p10
The article offers information on the collaborative quilt projects of New Image, a group of quilters based in Washington, D.C. New Image members seek to find ways to improve their own works by learning various approaches from a different perspective. New Image member Michele Vernon talks about...