Of Quilts & Cars & Royalty
- FOUNDATION. Stachura, Agnieszka // Still Point Arts Quarterly;Spring2014, Issue 13, p48
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of finishing a quilt in honor of a father who died months before September 11, 2001.
- PADUCAH. Spectrum: The Quilts of Caryl Bryer Fallert. Alvic, Philis // Surface Design Journal;Winter97, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p37
A review is presented of the exhibition "Spectrum: The Quilts of Caryl Bryer Fallert" on view at the Museum of the American Quilter's Society in Paducah, Kentucky from March 9-June 15, 1996.
- Ellen Kochansky: Commemorative Quilt Reflects Tower Spirits. Laughlin, Kara // Fiberarts;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p22
The article focuses on the creation of Ellen Kochansky's quilt "Tower Spirits." The artwork is a commemorative quilt for the World Trade Center terrorist attack in September 2001. She asked artists to send textile debris and cards containing words and images representing what contributors...
- Opposites Attract. Bird, Peggy // Fiberarts;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p23
The article features artist Trisha Hassler in Portland, Oregon. Hassler loves combining materials not meant to be put together. It is inferred that sometimes her work is inspired by quilt patterns her grandmother might recognize. According to the article, in her work done in memory of the...
- ARt FROM THE HEARt. Betancourt, Alberto // Soldiers;Mar2002, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p20
Reports that children in U.S. schools expressed their emotions through art in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Number of students who participated in a project to create a quilt at Cardinal Forest Elementary School in Springfield, Virginia; Effort of students from...
- Accentuate the positive. Klein, Ed // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/9/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 36, p13
Reports on the positive effects of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. Awareness of the public to the risks of terrorism; Unity of people to prevent terrorism; Confidence of the people on the success of the war against terrorism.
- United States Has Fallen Victim to Clinton's Inability to Say 'No'. Holzer, Henry Mark; Holzer, Erika // Insight on the News;10/15/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p46
Criticizes the manner in which the administration of former United States (U.S.) President Bill Clinton handled anti-terrorist initiatives. List of terrorist attacks against the U.S. and its allies; Response of the former administration to the attacks; Failure to enhance intelligence capabilities.
- SEPT. 11, 2001: TEN YEARS AFTER THE ATTACKS. // Christian Science Monitor;9/17/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 205, p19
Presents a fictional account of the effects of a terrorist attack on the United States, as seen from 10 years after the fact.
- A DEFINING MOMENT IN HISTORY STAND TALL. King, Joyce; Bruno, Debra; Davis, Avi; Abbady, Tal; Prusher, Ilene; DeGroot, Gerard J.; Sadeed, Suraya; McGovern, Ray // Christian Science Monitor;9/17/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 205, p20
Presents individual comments and thoughts concerning the terrorist attack on the United States.