- Sew Happy Feet. Stoddard, Paula // Quiltmaker;Jul/Aug2014, Issue 158, p72
The article offers information on specialty devices of sewing machines for quilting, including the Walking Feet for straight lines, outline, and in-the-ditch quilting, and the Free Motion Feet for quilt motifs like leaves, flowers, and loops.
- Favorite Finds. // Quilter's World;Winter2013, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p8
The article offers information on several products for quilting including the Original Big Board, Paverpol textile hardener/fiber-sculpting medium and OLFA Rotary Circle Cutter.
- The Sewing Bird Love Charm, Health Tonic, and Lady's Companion. GILDAY, ERIN // Piecework;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p21
The article discusses the history of sewing birds, a type of clamp, or "gripper," used to hold fabric while sewing seams. The author suggests that wood and iron sewing clamps featuring bird motifs appeared in 18th-century England. The author discusses the manufacturing of sewing birds and their...
- Whatcha-McCall's-It. Puma, Robin // McCall's Quick Quilts;Aug/Sep2014, p23
The article offers brief information on several quilting products and equipment from various manufacturers including the Creative Notions Flexible Seam Guide, the Gypsy Sit Upon from Quilting Gypsy, and Sew Fresh odor remover from Bear Thread Design Inc.
- Quilting Basics. // Quilter's World;Dec2012, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p94
The article offers a reference guide on quilting. Common quilting tools and supplies include rotary cutter and mat, scissors for paper and fabric, nonslip quilting rulers, marking tools, sewing machine and sewing machine feet. Among the basic quilting techniques are applique, borders, quilt...
- Serging Ahead. GRIEPENTROG, LINDA TURNER // Quilter's World;Aug2009, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses the use of sergers by quilters. A serger is described as a specialized machine that forms overcasting stitches using overcasting stitches using multiple loopers and needle in combination. Usually used in seam and edge finishing, the serger can create three types of...
- QUILTERS' Wish List. // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Dec2014/Jan2015, p42
The article features gifts for quilt makers, including the Creative Notions XXL Sewing Machine Trolley, Alphabitties Specialty Marking Tools and Tulip Hiroshima Hand Needles.
- Bamboo Notions. // Quilter's World;Apr2011, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p8
The article describes the Clover Bamboo seam ripper and the Straight Tailor's awl from Clover.
- SHOP HOP. // Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 18 Issue 108, p10
The article offers brief information on various equipment and supplies for quilting including the Wind IT and Bind It tool for binding from Quilting Should Be Fun, Brother ScanNCut cutting machine, and Havel Scissors from Havels Sewing.