- Black & Decker Power Scissors. Harvey, Sue // Quilter's World;Aug2006, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p10
Provides information on the Black & Decker Power Scissors. Advantages of the tool for quiltmakers; Features; Cost; Contact information.
- Scrap Happy. Stoddard, Paula // Quiltmaker;Mar/Apr2013, Issue 150, p14
The article presents questions and answers related to quilting which include the most important things in scrappy-quilt life, and the best thing about the Easy Angle ruler and the Companion Angle ruler.
- On a Roll. GRIEPENTROG, LINDA TURNER // Quilter's World;Jun2009, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p26
The article discusses rotary cutters and mats for quilting. According to the author, the rotary cutter is one tool that quilters cannot do without. It presents sizes and shapes of rotary cutters for various purposes, differentiating features among brands and their proper maintenance. Also...
- Deelybob II. Harvey, Sue // Quilter's World;Aug2006, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p12
Provides information on the Deelybob II, which makes it possible to use all of those different-size spools and cones of thread on a regular sewing machine. Contents of each package include a Deelybob, two Spacers and one Quilting Bob; Benefits of the tool for quiltmakers; Cost.
- Overview of Quilting Notions. GRIEPENTROG, LINDA TURNER // Quilter's World;Dec2011, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p76
The article presents an overview of various quilting tools. The rotary cutter is said to be used by quilters to ensure accuracy and speed in cutting multiple layers of fabric. It recommends beginners to quilting to use a 6" x 24" ruler with 30-, 45- and 60-degree angle markings. It notes that...
- Block Builders Workshop. // McCall's Quilting;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p16
The article offers step-by-step instructions for rotary cutting of quilting materials with templates.
- Favorite Finds. // Quilter's World;Winter2014, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p8
The article previews quilting-related products including the Gingher Seam Ripper, Fiskars Rotating Cutting Mats, and the YLI Wash-A-Way Thread.
- Favorite Finds. // Quilter's World;Summer2014, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p8
The article features several products of interest to quilters, including Mary Ellen's Best Press wrinkle releaser and starch alternative, Clover Point 2 Point Turner & Trace 'n Create Quilt Templates, and the book "T-Shirts, Memories & More," by Nancy Scott.
- Pieced-Patchwork Block Designs: Knowing the Fabric Grain: It Can Make or Break You! // Your First Quilt Book (Or It Should Be!);1997, p57
The article offers information regarding fabric grain used in quilting. It mentions the three kinds of fabric grains including lengthwise, crosswise, and diagonal grain. It says that a checked pattern is used to illustrate the vertical and horizontal straight grain. It adds that a rotary cut...