- Key lots: impressionist and modern. // Art Newspaper;Jun2010, Vol. 19 Issue 214, p88
This article features some impressionist and modern art works sold by auction houses during auctions in New York City in May 2010.
- Key lots: post-war and contemporary. // Art Newspaper;Jun2010, Vol. 19 Issue 214, p88
This article features some post-war and contemporary art works sold by auction houses during auctions in New York City in May 2010.
- Top Impressionist and Modern Art Auctions Hit Explosive $730 Million Record. Gelatt, Dorothy S. // Maine Antique Digest;Mar2007, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p1
The article features the Sotheby's and Christie's art auctions in New York City, New York. According to the author, collectors with interest on high-end art were in a cheerful mood in November 2006. Both Sotheby's and Christie's Impressionist and modern big-ticket evening sales made a record of...
- NEW WORLD RECORDS FOR CONTEMPORARY INDIAN ART. Winchester, Rupert // ArtAsiaPacific;Winter2006, Issue 47, p17
The article reports on the auction of Tyeb Mehta's contemporary Indian painting "Mahishasura" at Christie's auction house in New York in September 2005. The painting was bought for more than $1million by an Indian collector based in North America. The auction house's first sale of contemporary...
- War, Terrorism and SARS Fail to Sink Spring Auctions. // Art in America;Jul2003, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the low ticket sales for the impressionist, modern and contemporary art auction in New York resulting from the effects of global uncertainties and economic conditions in the U.S. Details about the auction; Auction sales; Closing prices for the auction.
- Going, Going, Gone. // Southwest Art;Oct2007, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p82
The article reviews the "Heritage Art Auctions" at the Dallas Hilton Anatole in Texas from October 12 to 21, 2007.
- More art madness. The Perfect Investment: Skip college. Go to art school. // In Search of the Perfect Investment;5/14/2014, p1
The article discusses the contemporary art auction at Christie's Inc.'s auction house in New York City in May 2014 which sets new records for the works of several artists including Lucas Samaras, abstract painter Joan Mitchell and painter Berthe Morisot.
- Going once, going twice â€¦. AGOVINO, THERESA // Crain's New York Business;10/28/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p0041
The article discusses the strong sales posted at Christie's auctions in New York City in 2013. It mentions that an art auction done in the house in the spring has gained a total of 495 million dollars. Modern art and impressionist art auctions that will be held in Christie's before the year ends...
- Surfacing on the market. // Art Newspaper;Feb2013, Vol. 22 Issue 243, Special section p23
The article discusses art auctions being held in February 2013 including one at Bonhams in London, England featuring Impressionist and Modern Art on the 5th, Swann Galleries in New York featuring African-American Fine Art on the 14th and Bloomsbury Auctions in London featuring Beatrix Potter:...