A Prickly Hedge
- HAVE I GOT A HEDGE FUND FOR YOU! Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;7/13/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 28/29, p1
The article presents information on a limousine driver named Alan Fishman, who became a hedge fund manager and fleeced investors of millions. Although Fishman had no prior investment experience, in 2003 he and two partners launched a hedge fund called A.R. Capital Global Fund. Soon after, in...
- MADOFF'S FRAUDULENT FINANCIAL SCHEME, HIS DECADES-LONG SWINDLE, AND THE FAILURE OF OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGEMENT. Ionescu, Luminiţa // Economics, Management & Financial Markets;Sep2010, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p239
The objective of this paper is to emphasize Madoff's financial crimes, the implementation of Madoff's system and the development of his scheme, and Madoff's supposed hedge fund strategy. Hurt observes that many victims felt that Madoff was somehow responsible for the economic downturn. Clauss et...
- THE MECHANISM OF THE LARGEST PONZI SCHEME IN HISTORY AND ITS WIDE-FELT IMPACT ON THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL ARCHITECTURE. Ionescu, Luminiţa // Economics, Management & Financial Markets;Sep2010, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p245
We shall focus here on the collapse of Madoff's massive scam, the specifics of the Madoff case, and Madoff's fraudulent hedge fund. Furman and DeJoy note that Ponzi schemes delude investors into believing that their money is being invested in high yield vehicles, and that their gains are derived...
- Man Charged with Securities Fraud for Bogus Hedge Fund. // India -- West;4/17/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 22, pB10
No abstract available.
- Breeding ground for fraud. // Finweek;3/5/2009, p44
The article focuses on the issue of fraud in hedge fund industry in South Africa. Accordingly, it discussed the billion-dollar global fraud cases of Jerome Kerviel, Bernard Madoff, and Satyam. It then presents the statements of Mark Lindhiem, head of manager research at Investment Solutions...
- Hedging option portfolios without using Greeks. Yanmin Li; Salkin, Gerald // Derivatives Use, Trading & Regulation;2002, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p362
Proposes an alternative to the hedging strategy using Greeks. Disadvantages of the Greeks hedging strategy; Information on the Black-Scholes hedge; Quantity for measuring the performance of hedging strategies.
- How to Get Hedged. Urresta, Lixandra // Fortune;6/8/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p184
Offers advice on investing in a hedge fund. Reasons to invest in a hedge fund; Contrast to mutual fund investing; Finding a fund that is accepting new investors; Interviewing fund managers; Identification of the best performing United States hedge funds.
- Hedge funds flat in August. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/20/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 38, p2
The article reports on the 0.2 percent index gain of hedge funds based on the report of Dow Jones & Co. Inc. and Credit Suisse Group AG in Fairfield County, Connecticut in August 2010.
- Disclosure rules bringing more assets to hedge fund administrators. BAERT, RICK // Pensions & Investments;9/30/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 20, p25
The article reports that disclosure regulations in Europe and the U.S. have advantages to hedge fund administrators in 2013.