- Into the spotlight. Ionides, Nicholas // Airline Business;Feb2004, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p26
Interviews Chew Choon Seng, CEO of Singapore Airlines Ltd. Views on liberalization; Acquisition strategy of the airline; Expansion plans.
- AIRLINE OF THE YEAR: Singapore Airlines. // Air Transport World;Feb2008, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p28
The article profiles successful airline company Singapore Airlines Ltd. (SIA). Under the leadership of chief executive officer (CEO) Chew Choon Seng, it raised the bar for premium cabins with its luxurious Singapore Airlines Suites and demonstrated a willingness to participate in the...
- Airline caution on rising oil price. Hutton, Jeffrey // BRW;11/1/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p9
The article reports on Singapore Airlines chief executive officer Chew Choon Seng's claim that the airline will need to review its routes if demand for travel slumps. According to Chew, the airline is looking for signs that the credit market slump and high oil prices are slowing the world...
- BY CHEW CHOON SHENG. SHENG, CHEW CHOON // Airline Business;Dec2010, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p39
The article presents the perspective of Singapore Airlines Chief Executive Chew Choon Sheng on the state of the airline industry. According to Sheng, deregulation of pricing started in the later 1970s and has continued until the present. He also talked about outsourcing of processes in the...
- SIA launches into low-cost. Ionides, Nicholas // Airline Business;Jan2004, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p19
Reports that Singapore Airlines Ltd. (SIA) has decided to enter the low-fare market in partnership with foreign investors via the launch of Tiger Airways in the second half of 2004. Ownership stake of SIA on Tiger Airways; Comments from Chew Choon Seng, SIA chief executive; Skepticism...
- Executive appointments. Baker, Colin; Knibb, David; Pilling, Mark; Ionides, Nicholas // Airline Business;Jul2003, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p85
Reports on the appointment of executives in the airlines industry. Jane Allen of United Airlines; Chew Choon Seng of Singapore Airlines; Rod Nelson of Air Niugini.
- CHEW STAYS ON AT SIA. Ionides, Nicholas // Airline Business;Feb2008, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p61
The article announces the decision of Singapore Airlines to extend the contract of Chew Choon Seng as its chief executive officer.
- A STATE OF MIND. Govindasamy, Siva // Airline Business;Feb2010, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p18
An interview with Singapore Airlines chief executive Chew Choon Seng about the challenges and his outlook for 2010 is presented. He will replace Boeing 747 with Airbus A380 that bears the colours of SAI because he believes that the latter aircraft represents a brighter future for the airline. He...
- Show Me ... Mecham, Michael // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/12/2004, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p43
Chew Choon Seng is a 32-year veteran of Singapore Airlines Ltd., (SIA) who became its chief executive officer in June 2003. He holds an undergraduate degree in mechanics from the University of Singapore and a master's degree in operations research and management studies from Imperial College at...