- Reforming Race Relations. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Oct2005, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p7
The article focuses on Malaysia's affirmative action policies framed in order to benefit the majority Malay population. Despite lessening some economic imbalances and preserving racial peace, there are growing doubts among all communities over whether the affirmative-action plan is still...
- Malaysia--a country looking ahead with vision 2020. Warhoe, Stephen P. // Cost Engineering;Sep97, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p16
Looks at the realization of Malaysia's Vision 2020. Construction of the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur; Building of the Kuala Lumpur International Airport; Significance of the vision for the country's construction industry.
- Whither Malaysia's new economic policy? Jomo, K.S. // Pacific Affairs;Winter90-91, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p469
Looks at the major social forces affecting the future of Malaysia's New Economic Policy (NEP) as the end of the NEP's Outline Perspective Plan (OPP) for 1971-90 draws near. Origins of the NEP; Poverty reduction; NEP record; Restructuring; Perceptions of the NEP; Economic options for the future;...
- Post-independence Malaysian Short Stories: A Portrayal of Racially Inflicted Pain. Isa, Nor Hashimah; Jusoff, Kamaruzaman // Studies in Literature & Language;Sep2010, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p46
This paper addresses pain and its endurance as portrayed in post-independence Malaysian short stories. After independence in 1957, the diverse races were forced to stay together in a young country that was constantly in turmoil of racial dissatisfactions and prejudice. Every race carried with...
- Malaysian debacle: Whose fault? Jomo, K.S. // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Nov98, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p707
Examines the root causes of the Malaysian economic crisis. Malaysia's economic fundamentals before mid-1997; Current-account deficit; Result of pegging Southeast Asian currencies to the United States dollar when the Japanese yen began to depreciate; Economic policies demanded by the...
- chapter 5: Business Environment. // Malaysia Business Forecast Report;2009 1st Quarter, p37
The article discusses business environment in Malaysia.
- MALAYSIA STRIVES FOR ETHNIC EQUALITY. // Monthly Labor Review;Apr72, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p47
Reports on the Malaysian government's experiment on social and economic quality with justice. Effort's intention of benefiting primarily the Malays, the most disadvantaged major ethnic group in Malaysia; Rectification of the socioeconomic imbalance of the areas constituting Malaysia.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in the multiethnic Malaysian population: disease expression and ethnic differences revisited. Jasmin, R; Sockalingam, S; Cheah, TE; Goh, KJ // Lupus;Aug2013, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p967
The article presents a study which re-examines the clinical and immunological profiles of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) in multiethnic Malaysian population. The study investigates the consecutive follow-up patients at the University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) from July 2010 to March 2011....
- Motifs of Nature in Malay Traditional Craft. Haron, Hamdzun; Yusof, Nor Afian; Taha, Mohamad; Mutalib, Narimah Abdul // Middle East Journal of Scientific Research;3/ 1/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p169
The traditional craft experts have creatively utilising the elements of environment to create craft masterpieces. They have meticulously studying and choosing each of the environmental elements to make sure that it goes hand in hand with a particular handicraft they are trying to make. This...