- At the mosque. Bush, Trudy // Christian Century;9/26/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the message given by Amin Fatah Amer during a prayer service at the minaret of Islamic Society in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on September 14, 2001, the national day of remembrance for all those who suffered as the result of the September 11 terrorism. View of Amer on those who planned the...
- Abdallah bin Ibad. Auerbach, Michael // Abdallah bin Ibad;2008, p1
A biography of Abdallah bin Ibad, an early spiritual and political leader in what is now Oman is presented. Bin Ibad is known for inspiring the 8th century form of Islam known as Ibadhism. He advocated for a new manner of Sunni Islamic thought that promoted the democratic selection of imams in...
- FINDING THE READER WITHIN THE LITERATURE: THE PRIVATE LIBRARY OF A 20TH CENTURY CAPE TOWN IMAM. Jappie, Saarah // Quarterly Bulletin of the National Library of South Africa;Jul-Dec2009, Vol. 63 Issue 3/4, p81
This article notes that most studies of private libraries in South Africa have been restricted to white males, but this study will focus on the private literary collection of Imam Abdurahman Bassier, of Bo-Kaap, a leader in the Cape Town Muslim community. The research into the Imam's collection...
- Rabbis, imams pray together for Palestinian 4-year-old's recovery. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;8/3/2015, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Jewish and Muslim religious leaders prayed together for the recovery of a 4-year-old boy severely burned in a firebomb attack that killed his 18-month-old brother.
- From Sting to Frame-Up: The Case of Yassin Aref. Downs, Stephen // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p19
The author comments on the efforts of the U.S. federal government to destroy the life of Yassin Aref, a Muslim imam from Albany, New York by filing terrorism-related charges against him. An overview of the illegal wiretapping conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation on the mosque in...
- An Imam at the DNC. Spencer, Robert // Human Events;2/12/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p14
The article focuses on the invocation given by Husham Al-Husainy, imam of the Karbalaa Islamic Education Center, at the Democratic National Committee's Annual Winter Meeting held in Washington D.C. The religious views of Al-Husainy are highlighted. He claims that most Muslim commentators believe...
- Germany experiments with training, certifying imams. Sorrells, Neils // Christian Century;1/11/2011, Vol. 128 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the experimental imam training and certification program of the German town of OsnabrÃ¼ck. Details are given profiling the religious initiative, describing how it seeks to educate Muslims about Western society as well as foster acceptance of Muslims within the European...
- Imams urge united front against militants. // Eastern Eye;7/11/2014, Issue 1259, p2
The article reports that imams have urged Muslims residing in Great Britain to support Syrian refugees and not to get divided and presents the views of Qari Mohammed Asim, imam at Leeds Makka Mosque, on the same.
- Ahmadiyya Muslims Speak Out Against Violence. // India -- West;12/18/2015, Vol. 41 Issue 5, pB16
No abstract available.