Faces in Sad Places
- Politics beyond the state environmental activism and world civic politics. Wapner, Paul // World Politics;Apr95, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p311
Examines the activity of world civic politics as practiced by environmental activists and its relevance for the study of Nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and world politics in general. Presentation the way transnational environment activist groups (TEAGs) practice world civic politics;...
- Untitled. // UNESCO Sources;Sep97, Issue 93, p17
Features the International Freedom of Expression Exchange Network, a cooperative started by a group of non-government organizations in September 1992.
- Non-governmental Organizational Accountability: Talking the Talk and Walking the Walk? Dhanani, Alpa; Connolly, Ciaran // Journal of Business Ethics;Jul2015, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p613
Concern for NGO accountability has been intensified in recent years, following the growth in the size of NGOs and their power to influence global politics and curb the excesses of globalization. Questions have been raised about where the sector embraces the same standards of accountability that...
- Innovating for Impact: The Consequences of Organizational Constrains on NGO Political Communication Choices globally. Talib, Saman // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2009, p1
Non-Governmental organizations are acknowledged as playing a significant international political role. However, in this age of technology and communication, a vast digital divide still exists amongst these organization. This study, using mixed-methods, considers the causes of this digital divide...
- National institutional antecedents to corporate environmental performance. Hartmann, Julia; Uhlenbruck, Klaus // Journal of World Business;Oct2015, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p729
Understanding what drives firms towards environmentally sound manufacturing practices is important. While we have learned in recent years about firm-level drivers of corporate environmental performance (CEP), we know little about country-level antecedents. Our objective is to investigate the...
- IN BRIEF: Shippers oppose levy. // Corporate Adviser (Online Edition);7/8/2011, p10
The article informs that the plans of the International Chamber of Shipping to impose a bunker levy have been opposed by Global Shippers' Forum.
- The Emergence of Democratic Participation in Global Governance (Paris,1919). Charnovitz, Stee // Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies;Winter2003, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p45
Discusses the democratic participation of political and civil associations at various levels of the international governance. Concept of international democracy; Participation of non-governmental organizations at the Paris Peace Conference of 1919; Discussion on the theory of constitutional moment.
- A century of NGOs. Iriye, Akira // Diplomatic History;Summer99, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p421
Focuses on the growth of non-governmental organizations (NGO) and its implications to the history of the United States. Cross-national agendas of NGO; Role of NGO in cross-national associations, cultural exchange and communication, and in international politics.
- Global Politics Unit 3: Unit Plan Ideas. Talbot, Meg // Ethos;2012, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p17
The author talks about Global Politics Unit 3, which is a unit of work in 2012 patterned after contemporary regional issues and events in Australia and based on the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Australian and Global Politics: Unit 3: Global Actors. Students who complete the unit are...