Drive Fast, Drive Hard
- A Hard-Driving CEO. Clark, Kim; Smart, Tim; Bock, James // U.S. News & World Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 141 Issue 18, pEE6
The article highlights Bill Watkins, chief executive officer (CEO) of Seagate Technology. It is reported that although Seagate's stock is mired in the same range as at the start of 2006, unlike many tech companies it makes money and pays growing dividends. A brief history of Watkins' education...
- Financial ads seek a bigger audience. Callahan, Sean // B to B;10/13/2003, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p18
The article reports on developments related to advertising of the financial services industry. Last month, computer disk drive manufacturer Seagate Technologies Inc. ran a four-page spread in "The Wall Street Journal," that featured the highlights of the company's recent 10-K filing with the...
- WD's Milligan Sizes Up New Challenges. CASACCHIA, CHRIS // Orange County Business Journal;9/24/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p1
The article offers information on the challenging landscape to be faced by Steve Milligan as chief executive officer of Western Digital Corp. It highlights Steve Milligan's main areas of focus including mobility segment and shift towards lighter and thinner devices, cloud network, and consumer...
- From the sea to the mountains. // Electronic News;08/17/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2232, p4
Reports on the appointment of dismissed Seagate Technology chief executive Al Shugart to Sierra Imaging's board of directors.
- Success story. // New Mexico Business Journal;May2000, Vol. 24 Issue 4, pT9
Relates the success of Jim Novak, president and chief executive officer of SenSolve, Inc. in New Mexico. Manufacturer of multiaxis robot positioning sensors; Client of Technology Ventures Corporation (TVC); Benefits gained from TVC's assistance.
- Learning from successful high-tech CEOs. Frerichs, Robert N. // Directors & Boards;Spring98, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p41
Identifies the factors influencing the success of chief executive officers (CEO) in high technology businesses, highlighting the results of a study by Andersen Consulting Company. Characteristics of a good CEO.
- Those dot-com fogies. Chigbo, Okey // CA Magazine;Dec2000, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p12
Reveals the result of a survey conducted by Deloitte & Touche on the chief executive officers (CEO) of high technology companies in Canada. Age of respondents; Industry experience; Explanations from Keith Pennells of Deloitte & Touche regarding the age groups of company leaders.
- High tech companies aggressive in financing. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/26/99, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p4B
Details findings of the PricewaterhouseCooper's `Trendsetter Barometer' survey which showed that chief executive officers (CEO) of high technology companies are being aggressive in their financial strategies. Aggressiveness in seeking external funding; Exploring non-traditional financing;...
- Dethroned CEOs. Vargas, Alexia // Crain's New York Business;10/30/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the growing roster of defrocked chief executive officers in New York City. Consolidation of the city's new media industry; Attitude of most demoted chiefs; Disadvantage of having two chief executive officers.