Before They Set Sail
- HOUTHI REBELS SEIZE YEMENI PORT. Basinsky, Kathryn // Terrorism Monitor;10/24/2014, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the capture of the city of Hodeidah on the Red Sea coast by the Houthi rebels in Yemen on October 14, 2014. A brief overivew of Hodeidah is provided which is the second largest port and the fourth largest city in the country. According to the author, control of Hodeidah...
- The Hard Cell? Perrin, Andrew; Elegant, Simon; Wong, Douglas // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/23/2003, Issue 24, p42
The article reports that Thailand has joined the war against terrorism by busting up a plot to bomb various places in the country. In southern Thailand, police arrested three Thai nationals, allegedly JI members, accused of plotting a series of Bali-style car-bomb attacks on five embassies...
- Death Threats Are Sent to Try to Stop Reporting. Bolan, Kim // Nieman Reports;Summer2006, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p39
The article deals with the death threats received by most journalists in Colombia. According to the author, death threats in the country are sent to columnists to try to stop them from publishing news regarding the subversive activities and the political issues in the nation. Even the author...
- Houston's port plans won't hamper N.O.'s, Brinson says. Bonura, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/16/98, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p9
Reports on the possible impact of a plan by the Bayport Terminal container port in Houston, Texas to construct a cargo terminal on the level of business at the New Orleans Port in New Orleans, Louisiana. Origins of most of the cargo handled by the Houston port; Lack of space at the Bayport...
- South American Revival. Feller, Gordon // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Sep2003, p14
Focuses on the redevelopment project in Cutuco, the port served as an import and export terminal for rail-transported goods located at the Gulf of Fonseca. Finance of the project from the Bank for International Cooperation; Natural harbor geography and strategic location of the port; Facilities...
- Seaport tests program similar to PierPass. // World Trade;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p12
The article reports that the Port of Oakland in California is testing an extended gate-hours program to help alleviate demand during peak operating hours. The test program, which started on September 6, 2005, will run for two to three months. It is a downsized version of the PierPass program in...
- For Cruising, There's No Place Like Home, But Ports Feel the Strain on Facilities. Young, Susan // Travel Agent;10/20/2003, Vol. 314 Issue 6, p102
Reports on the state of ports in the U.S. Study conducted regarding creation of terminals in U.S. ports; Establishment of security measures for ports; Amount of money generated by the North American cruise industry from 2001 to 2002.
- 50 Busiest U.S. Ports, 2001. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2004, p319
Presents a list of the 50 busiest U.S. ports in 2001 including South Louisiana, Houston, and New York.
- Environmental review halts Vancouver port plans. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Nov97, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p4
Reports that the Port of Vancouver plans to develop a grain- handling terminal was delayed. Reason for the delay; Implications of the delay; Location of the proposed development area.