XML, GPS, RF: New-age Crime Fighters
- What 1984 Big Brother is watching in 2004. Francis, Bob // Fort Worth Business Press;12/26/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 52, p1
Provides information on the evolution of several technological innovations developed in 1984. Technologies cited by author George Orwell in the book "1984"; Comparison of the changes in media, sports, and technology between 1984 and 2004; Discussion on some surveillance technologies, such as...
- Honeywell Tests GPS-Enabled Micro Air Vehicle. // GPS World;Feb2005, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p54
The article reports that Honeywell Inc. has begun flight testing a 13-inch autonomous surveillance aircraft that foot soldiers can carry on their backs. The unmanned aerial vehicle integrates a Rockwell Collins MPE-S global positioning system receiver and a government-furnished Ancon antenna....
- Planar lightwave circuits will be a key technology for next-generation military systems. Stevens, Rick; Shmulovich, Joseph // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jan2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p4
The article informs that in the mid-1960s, U.S. missile-defense capability and the electronics industry took off together. As in almost every significant technological transformation, the driving forces are multilayered and complex. The rise of diffuse and unpredictable terrorist and guerilla...
- Digital recon. Vizard, Frank // Popular Science;May97, Vol. 250 Issue 5, p46
Discusses the combination of electronic binoculars with a Global Positioning System receiver. Resulting breakthrough in reconnaissance and surveillance; Brief information on prototype unit developed by Leica Technologies; Possible applications.
- Secure Tracking for Critical Applications. Wullems, Chris; Pozzobon, Alessandro; Pozzobon, Oscar // Geospatial Solutions;Aug2006, Vol. 16 Issue 8, pS2
The article reports on global positioning system (GPS) technology. GPS tracking has become an important safeguard against security threats. However, users of this technology must know the vulnerability, and the tools needed, to ensure protection. GPS tracking, if not adequately secured, can be...
- Under House Awrist. // Fortune;4/30/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 9, p196
Describes the Wherify Wireless Locator, which can pinpoint a person's location using Global Positioning System satellites. Features of the wrist watch, including the ability to be locked and unlocked remotely; Price; Planned release date.
- A study on Security within public transit vehicles. Seshukumar, A. N.; Vasavi, S.; Rao, V. Srinivasa // International Journal of Advanced Computer Science & Application;Sep2012, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p188
In public transit vehicles, security is the major concern for the passengers. Surveillance Systems provide the security by providing surveillance cameras in the vehicles and a storage that maintains the data. The applications that allow monitoring the data in surveillance systems of public...
- RECENT JUDICIAL DECISIONS. WICKS, DAVID; CARNEY, DAMIAN // Police Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p341
The article discusses the U.S. Supreme Court case, United States v Jones  Docket Number 10-1259, which focuses on electronic surveillance in the modern age and its impact on privacy. In this case, suspected drug dealer Jones was accused of drug offences, including conspiracy to supply, on...
- NEW BREAKTHROUGHS IN ELECTRONIC MONITORING. SCHIFFNER, BILL // Courts Today;Oct/Nov2016, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p25
The article focuses on the use of electronic monitoring system in courts and mentions benefits of Global Positioning System, customized smartphone and web-based management platform; and views of James Gilbert, vice president of sales at SuperCom, on tracking tools.