But Will 'Interoperable' Work?
- 5 Questions For a Successful Deployments of an IP Video Solution. Mike Kuhn // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2009, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p78
The article presents questions and answers related Internet Protocol (IP) Video Solutions including information technology (IT) Department's Network standards, the importance of recorded video to clients and significance of scalability in a security system.
- Get Up-to-speed on Security Network Fundamentals. Koebbe, Paul // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2008, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p75
The article discusses the challenge faced by information technology (IT) installers in learning the concept of networking. It states that many security industry professionals are encountering more Internet protocol (IP)-technology projects who have not had the opportunity to learn the benefits...
- GULv3-A Novel Tool for Network Managers to Audit Networks. Erbacher, Robert F.; Shelley, Rian // International Journal for Computers & Their Applications;Mar2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p26
In any network the network manager must know the status of the network at any given time and location. It is necessary for them to be able to track down compromised boxes and be aware of the network topology. This becomes difficult in large networks with dynamically changing connections and...
- The Convergence of Physical and IT Security. Cavanaugh, Ray // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2012, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p48
The article focuses on the convergence of information technology (IT) and physical security. It notes that guards deter possible security breaches through their presence and react to these breaches as they occur. Digital internet protocol (IP) video systems enable roaming guards to receive...
- Are HR and IT friends or foes? Cooper, Linda // Personnel Today;8/20/2002, p15
Analyzes the parallelism between human resources (HR) and information technology (IT) departments in companies. Importance of both departments in the growth of organizations; View of the IT people to HR department; Functions of HR and IT departments.
- Learning technologies. Paton, Nic // Personnel Today;1/29/2002, p23
Focuses on the challenges faced in the human resource in updating the information technology (IT) workers. Maintenance in IT worker's skills and competencies; Efforts in persuading technical staff to coach colleagues; Failure of the IT professionals about the importance of training.
- Measuring and Managing Human Capital Intelligence. Hardee, Nicole; Silver, Betty // Public Manager;Winter2002/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p33
Reports on the use of Internet technology in measuring and managing human capital intelligence. Challenges for federal workforce planning; Management of the physical assets; Identification of the unusual patterns in data through technologies.
- The bluffer's guide to eHR. // IT Training;May2002, p31
Focuses on the use of information technology by human resource personnel in Great Britain. Training aspects of human resources; Technology implications of electronic learning; Functions of the human resource department.
- Communication can improve IT's relations with HR. Riley, Sheila // InfoWorld;05/04/98, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p120
Describes how communication can improve information technology (IT) department's relation with the human resources (HR) department. Experience at T.W.L. Gore & Associates; Causes of disagreements; Benefits of increased interaction between the departments. INSET: Working with HR brings benefits..