The Plan's in the Business Details
- Through the Eyes of Experience. Levinson, Howard // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2000, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p22
Comments on problems faced by security systems industry in the United States. Diversity in quality; Widespread use of the terms, 'expert' and 'consultant'; Installation issues; Need for security professionals to be trained both technically and ethically.
- Case study: An integrator's challenge. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p73
Focuses on the problems encountered by integrators in installing integrated security systems. Problems in the design of integrated systems; Incompatibility of the manufacturers listed in the specification on the system; Technical complexity of integrated systems; Partial integration.
- Easy Touchup for Installers. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p45
Presents ways to touchup scratches in installing security systems in the United States. Occurrence of scratches; Advice on fixing the scratches; Use of a wax furniture crayon for the scratches.
- Businesses on Sprague hope cameras cut crime. Burke, Anita // Journal of Business (10756124);02/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, pA8
Reports the plan of East Spokane Business Group to install security cameras on East Sprague Avenue in Washington. Purpose of the planned installation; Description and components of the camera; Role of law enforcers on the plan.
- Raise Your 'IQ' Prosser, Lisa L. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p90
Provides update on the installation quality checklist used by an installing technician at the completion of every installation. False alarm reduction; Excellent quality control on every system installed; Central station operator signal handling reduction.
- What's the Plan to Compete With Telcos? Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep99, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p11
Editorial. Comments on the entry of telephone companies in the security systems industry in the United States. Concerns raised about diminished installation prices; Increase in residential monitoring prices; Need for small security dealers to excel with a high-quality level of customer service.
- ASK THE EXPERT. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2006 Supplement, Vol. 36, p18
The article presents question-and-answer advisory related to security system installation. A technician asks if the entire Internet Protocol-based video surveillance system should be set up before the actual installation. Another technician asks why customers sometimes seem disappointed when...
- Birth of the cool in Copenhagen. Varley, James // Modern Power Systems;Jun2001, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p19
Focuses on the competition between Copenhagen installation and a project in Detroit in superconductor application by NKT Cables and Copenhagen Energy in the United States. Distinction of Danes in the competition; Overview on the development of high temperature superconductors; Long-term deal...
- Motorola system monitors high school. // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p58
Reports the installation of integrated digital video systems by Motorola Multiservice Networks Division in Mansfield, Massachusetts. Features of the device; Use of device to monitor student activities of a Massachusetts High School.